account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

XZ2 and XZ2 Compact - Screen sensitivity issues

Enthusiast
Message 81 of 112
Message 81 of 112

Re: XZ2 and XZ2 Compact - Screen sensitivity issues

in my opinion it has improved now. its ok for me now.

Learner
Message 82 of 112
Message 82 of 112

I'm planning to buy XZ2C, but is this issue already solved?

Regular
Message 83 of 112
Message 83 of 112

Hi!

It has been improved but I think you could expect a better screen sensitivity on a premium phone like XZ2C. I've had issues with touchscreen when answering phonecalls, swiping up not always works. And also typing is very unprecice. These things I believe has become worse after last update, .265.

Otherwise I love the phone but Sony has to improve screen sensitivity and accuracy. 

Learner
Message 84 of 112
Message 84 of 112

Thanks. I'll stilll hold on to my dear z5 until this issue will be resolved then.

Adviser
Message 85 of 112
Message 85 of 112

I havn't had any problems since the last update. My xz2 is working perfectly now 😁 though I previously had varying experiences with different tempered glass screen protectors. Look out for ones that say high sensitivity  

One time poster
Message 86 of 112
Message 86 of 112

Got the Xperia XZ2 yesterday (August, 4 months after OP created this thread), I have touchscreen issues. Going to exchange this phone for an XZ1. With such sensitivity issues, my old XL is better than an XZ2.

Learner
Message 87 of 112
Message 87 of 112

Hi,

So since the software update my screen is too sensative and not sensitive enough at the same time. Its most noticeable when I'm typing. It doesn't always sense when I'm tapping a letter which is what it was always like, but also it sometimes thinks I'm swiping between letters that I'm tapping so I end up with lots of two letter words rather than a longer word when I have SwiftKey type typing turned on. It's a little hard to explain but very frustrating. Is anyone else having this issue, or is it just my phone?

Adviser
Message 88 of 112
Message 88 of 112

I don't have any issues any more with my Xz2. Mine has been working perfectly since the last update and  I changed the screen protector though it seems like not all of your are having the same success. If I think of any way to help I'll let you know. Hopefully Sony will release a patch that will work on all xz2 phones. 

One time poster
Message 89 of 112
Message 89 of 112

It seems to be the edges as in the corners of the screen. You have to tap the center of the screen first to activate the edges. Really frustrating 

Learner
Message 90 of 112
Message 90 of 112

Hi,

I've got a similar experince on my XZ2 Compact. I'm using Googles keyboard and I've started to get "short swipes" word when trying to tap while writing. I've not changed how I actualy write so there's some kind of SW update that affected this.

I've alos had a few situations when the screen is not responding correct to scrolling/swiping. Both in apps like Pintrest and not being able to answer a call at all a few times.