account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

XZ2 and XZ2 Compact - Screen sensitivity issues

Message 31 of 112
Message 31 of 112

Re: XZ2 and XZ2 Compact - Screen sensitivity issues

I hardly noticed it until I read it on here and really started paying attention.  But now with the screen protector on it is VERY noticable.  Just hitting letters during txting sometimes takes an extra hit for it to register.

And as far as it being curved it is slightly....that being said the edges dont entirely seem to be touching the boarder around the screen so it isnt perfect.  Im sure there will be better ones available I may hold off on purchasing it if i were you unless your in desperate need for something right now.  I also purchased the Roxfit Precision Slim Shell, now that is excellent if you want a slim protector type case.  The soft touch is great to keep the phone from sliding around.  All the access to the buttons are perfectly cut out as is the fingerprint sensor, it didnt hinder my ability to use it at all.

Regular
Message 32 of 112
Message 32 of 112

I also hardly noticed it until i read about it and made some tests i hadn't done before, like gaming for example. 

In daily usage you might only notice it when selecting text. Setting sliders precisely is a pain but nothing i do often. But if you game a lot of precise shooters then you might have a problem. Only speaking of no glass Cover. 

I've decided now to keep it and using it as daily starting today. Main reason is that i will get my preorder bonus the next days which is worth about 200€. So i wouldnt lose that much when selling it.

And because it seems to be more on the software side maybe we can get a fix one day... 

Adviser
Message 33 of 112
Message 33 of 112

Hi there,

Please check Allesa's post in the following thread, we have a final answer:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/xperia-xz2/how-to/xz2-touchscreen-sensitivity-issues-t3776021

I can confirm his findings, after expending half an hour in a tech store playing around with different devices (including XZ2 Compact of other color than black Face with stuck-out Tongue that was a dumb theory but we needed to try). Apparently this is not a Sony problem, this is a Google problem, even though some other manufacturers did the effort, ran the extra mile, and fixed it. Probably the issue will be there until we get the next Android version...

One time poster
Message 34 of 112
Message 34 of 112

Ignore the different username, this stupid forum site has merged my Xperia account with my Sony PSN account, and now I have somehow got three different accounts here... Anyway!

Thanks so much for the details on the slim shell, I wondered if the case would be compatible with the screen protector in terms of fit. I think I'll hold off on the glass protector and maybe order some cheap plastic one and get that Slim Shell case? I love that kinda rubberised matte plastic feel. Did you buy it directly from Roxfit? I get the impression you're UK-based. 

One time poster
Message 35 of 112
Message 35 of 112

Same issue. Screen reactivity is very bad.  i have to type 2-3 times for a nomber sometimes .

Do you investigate this issue Sony ? 

Message 36 of 112
Message 36 of 112

I am based in the US. I ordered it from mobile fun. Never dealt with them, but everything went smoothly got my order in 3 days. It's a solid case I'm enjoying using it. 

Regular
Message 37 of 112
Message 37 of 112

I can confirm this issue. I have a US version (H8314) and the touchscreen issue is on both 51.1.A.2.183 (factory version) and the updated 51.1.A.3.159.

The touchscreen is not sensitive enough to draw tiny circles. The following is an example on XZ2 Compact (left) vs Z3 (right). The spiral breaks when the radius becomes small.

@viridis

@viridiswrote:

I'll forward this and see if I can find out more for you.

Any updates?

xz2c.jpgXZ2 Compactz3.jpgZ3

Adviser
Message 38 of 112
Message 38 of 112

Thanks for letting us know. Please try to contact support as well if you can, and send them your screenshots, they are good! Maybe in the US their support team is better, who knows. I contacted UK support and they only told me what I wanted to hear when I got a bit rude, but I suspect that they only wanted to calm me down and they actually didn't forward this issue to their "specialized team" as they said. Any way, maybe they did what they said, there's no way for me to know, I'm just suspicious.

Let's try to put some pressure on them from different regions, maybe Sony will end up hearing us.

BTW, I ended up buying the phone again (I had returned because of the touch issue and a dead pixel). I decided to put some faith on Sony or Google or the Dev community... whoever will come up with a fix. And if it doesn't happen, I guess I will live with it, but probably I won't buy Sony again.

Enthusiast
Message 39 of 112
Message 39 of 112

Hi all, has there been any improvement so far?

Learner
Message 40 of 112
Message 40 of 112

Touchscreen precision problem

Hi, community! 

I'm having an issue where the touch panel fails to register short and slow movements as ACTION_MOVE events and they end up detected as long presses. This is very annoying when playing games and selecting text wiith small font size. Any advice on what to do? Should I contact customer support for this issue?