account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

XZ2 and XZ2 Compact - Screen sensitivity issues

Adviser
Message 91 of 112
Message 91 of 112

Re: XZ2 and XZ2 Compact - Screen sensitivity issues

I take it back , my Xperia Xz2 did an update yesterday and now its back to absolutely crap. The screen sensitivity is one more abismal. Thanks for nothing Sony..

Enthusiast
Message 92 of 112
Message 92 of 112

I think my xz2 compact is suffering from the same problem but it doesn't happen all the time which makes it hard to replicate. Typing is the biggest issue and swipes/presses not registering 

GHP
Visitor
Message 93 of 112
Message 93 of 112

I also noted this same issue... its like some pixels freeze for a certain time. You shift from an app to the other and the issue is solved.

I couldnt find a specific set of actions that trigger it...

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 94 of 112
Message 94 of 112

What security patch are you on? Some people on the XDA thread have reported updated touch screen driver firmware in the last couple of updates. 

Learner
Message 95 of 112
Message 95 of 112

I have noticed this myself after upgrading from the Z5. I play golf games a lot on my phone and it's hard to get the right power on my swing with it not reading small movements. I hope they fix this issue out soon. I have the XZ2 Premium. 

Adviser
Message 96 of 112
Message 96 of 112

My Xz2 screen issue still exists, rather random though it is definitely worse round the edges and seemed to get worse on last update to build 51.1.A.11.26. Some times have major issues when typing messages where letters at the edges and backspace are completely missed  I hope this gets sorted soon. If I had known this before I would have bought a different phone  

One time poster
Message 97 of 112
Message 97 of 112

Happens on my xz2 compact im playing mobile legends and suddenly tabs on the corner pops up.. see t he is sample while thping. This never happened on my z5 compact. i hope this can be fixed by software update.

One time poster
Message 98 of 112
Message 98 of 112

I'm using XZ2 and it happends on my device, too. I'm playing Clash Of Clans, and it makes me feel realy frustrated! I cannot deploy my troops properly and easily!

Sony please fix this bug!!!

Adviser
Message 99 of 112
Message 99 of 112

Hey y'all  hopefully good news. Just updated to pie and so far so good. 

The screen sensitivity seems of a lot better. Hopefully it lasts. 😁

Adviser
Message 100 of 112
Message 100 of 112

Alas even though the recent pie update seems to have made my touchscreen better, my fingerprint scanner seems to not be so good now 🤔 anyone else