account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

XZ2 and XZ2 Compact - Screen sensitivity issues

Learner
Message 71 of 112
Message 71 of 112

Re: XZ2 and XZ2 Compact - Screen sensitivity issues

@MichalH94 wrote:

Try it repair with companion, maybe it helps Winking Face

I tried the repair with companion, but the problems are the same

Learner
Message 72 of 112
Message 72 of 112

I have one finding, screen sensitivity issue is worse when i have turn on stamina mode ( lightest ). When i turn off stamina mode, than is the screen sensitivity much better. I think this is a bug, please SONY repair this. Now i have new version of software FW 51.1.A.4.225 and nothing changed, still the same issue. :-(

Regular
Message 73 of 112
Message 73 of 112

Just come to report that the issue is still not fixed on the June security patch 51.1.A.4.225. My XZ2c is a US version H8314, rev 3 (written on the box). Someone on Xda seems to have no such problem on the latest firmware but his phone is rev 1. Is Sony gradually fixing the issue? Sony, please let us know.

Adviser
Message 74 of 112
Message 74 of 112

I just got the XZ2 this week as an upgrade to my trusty old XZ, as  soon as I turned on the XZ2 it did 2 updates which put it on build 51.1.A.4.173 I noticed touchscreen sensitivity issues straight away often have to type letters twice to enter them when texting or not scrolling down web pages straight away when bowsing internet or pretty much everything really, so tried glove mode but no better.

The day after my 3d tempered glass screen protector came which made the problem even worse.

Tried the complete wipe firmware repair from the xperia companion to no avail also tried updating to the P Beta which should work on model H8216 but get told by xperia companion that my model is not supported.

I for one am not impressed with this phone and its the first Sony phone i could say that about and I have previously had K550i, W750i,  W910i, Xperia Ray, Xperia SP, Xperia Z2, Xperia XZ I prefer them all to this XZ2.

I have used the XZ and XZ2 side by side both running Oreo 8.0 and the XZ opens the camera app and takes photos faster  and more consistantly does it than the XZ2.

I have now gone back to using my Xperia XZ and sending the XZ2 back as it is no point having a faster phone that ends up being slower due to the nonresponsive laggy touchscreen.

Thanks for listening, Rant over..

I discovered a workaround, please read my post below..Slightly smiling Face

Adviser
Message 75 of 112
Message 75 of 112

I Think I have the solution or at least a workaround, It works for me anyway.

Goto > Settings >Display

scroll down and

Turn on Glove Mode

scroll up and

>Cover Selection

Select Style Cover Touch

Press Open

Unselect Screen off when cover is closed

Press Home

If all went well your touch screen sensitivity should be much better now

I hope this solution works for you too.

Regular
Message 76 of 112
Message 76 of 112

Thx but it doesn't work for meCrying Face

@cragy wrote:

I Think I have the solution or at least a workaround, It works for me anyway.

Goto > Settings >Display

scroll down and

Turn on Glove Mode

scroll up and

>Cover Selection

Select Style Cover Touch

Press Open

Unselect Screen off when cover is closed

Press Home

If all went well your touch screen sensitivity should be much better now

I hope this solution works for you too.

Learner
Message 77 of 112
Message 77 of 112

Hi,

i also want this be fixed. 

Come on Sony, listen to your customer.

Greetings,

Andi

Adviser
Message 78 of 112
Message 78 of 112

Sorry folks it seemed to work then sort of made the screen too sensitive, seems its an issue with the tempered glass screen protector i have thats causing sensitivity issues. I took it off and works fine but im not prepared t use my phone with out one so ive ordered a different one that claims to have high sensitivity. Il let you know how I go on. 

Adviser
Message 79 of 112
Message 79 of 112

The new New screen protector i got works a treat , much better than the other one I had. If you want to try one the one i got from ebay is https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F123148307695 it specifies high sensitivity. Havn't had any problems with it so far. Though if your having problems and don't currently have a screen protector on then i doubt this would not help.

I will let you know if I discover anything else that could help though it may be a case of waiting for Sony to release an update to fix the problem  

Highlighted
Regular
Message 80 of 112
Message 80 of 112

New system update today, .265, made my screen more responsive. Before I could move finger 5mm before the screen reacted, now much better.