account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

XZ2 and XZ2 Compact - Screen sensitivity issues

Enthusiast
Message 51 of 112
Message 51 of 112

Re: Touchscreen precision problem

Does no one care about this? I seriously hope Sony will patch it and hopefully upcoming XZ2 Premium doesn't act like this...

Regular
Message 52 of 112
Message 52 of 112

Re: Touchscreen precision problem

At least, I would like someone from Sony to confirm that they have acknowledged the issue.

Visitor
Message 53 of 112
Message 53 of 112

Re: XZ2 and XZ2 Compact - Screen sensitivity issues

I'm having exactly the same issue. Typing this it keeps missing letters. I thi k it has something g to do with the curved edges and additional contact with them from how you are holding the phone. J ps the above typos in as a demo of what it keeps doing. 

Adviser
Message 54 of 112
Message 54 of 112

The latest sony update seems to have solved my touchscreen issue. Well done Sony, you did listen. 

Enthusiast
Message 55 of 112
Message 55 of 112

i dont think so. may firmware did not change anything on this besides security things.

Adviser
Message 56 of 112
Message 56 of 112

Mine has been fine since update

Adviser
Message 57 of 112
Message 57 of 112

I also think it's placebo. Maybe it works a bit better, but the problem is clearly still there, and noticeable for some people. 

Adviser
Message 58 of 112
Message 58 of 112

no placebo.. my touchscreen on my xz2 was so bad I had to play games on my old z5 premium as scrolling menus were almost totally unusable to the point i was became so frustrated I was ready to send it back. Since the update everything is as it should be and I am currently able to use the touchscreen for things it was not doing before. Mabye i am lucky or have done something in my settings different to others....i will put a list of my current settings up here shortly to see if it helps anyone else.

Talent
Message 59 of 112
Message 59 of 112

When did the last update come to your phone? I have the same issues when typing, playing games or scrooling in menus...Please, add your settings here, then we will see maybe...

First google it, then ask for it... Winking Face
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 60 of 112
Message 60 of 112

I've the same issue with my Xperia XZ2 Compact, I'm not able to play some games like pubg, where you need to move the cursor around a little portion of display.

When sony will fix it ?