account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

XZ2 and XZ2 Compact - Screen sensitivity issues

Regular
Message 21 of 112
Message 21 of 112

Re: XZ2 and XZ2 Compact - Screen sensitivity issues

Just asked the guy there for more details as it is not clear to me what problems he had exactly and how he fixed it. Not sure if it was the same thing... 

Adviser
Message 22 of 112
Message 22 of 112

We need a good samaritan to test it Slightly smiling Face

Highlighted
Regular
Message 23 of 112
Message 23 of 112

Ok guys, listen:

He just answered me that the software repair (via pc) did solve the same issue we suffer from. BUT it was just a temporary fix and didn't last. That's why he has already returned his XZ2... Slightly frowning Face

Adviser
Message 24 of 112
Message 24 of 112

I'm not sure if that's good news or bad news. It can be fixed, ok, but the issue can come back, hmmmm. We know more now, so that's good I guess. I'm going to order another one and see what happens. I'm surprised that not a lot of people seem to care, so maybe not every unit has issues.

Flynn82 thanks a lot for your investigation work here! You rock.
Regular
Message 25 of 112
Message 25 of 112

No problem, i am also interested personally to get this fixed Winking Face 

The reason not many people complain about it is probably rather simple: Give this phone to my wife and she would never notice it... Most people just use their phones ("it's just a phone"). At least that is my guess.

What we know more now seems to be a good thing. My concern was that it is a hardware problem but now it seems to be software related and it should be possible to fix it. Sony "just" needs to work on it...

Adviser
Message 26 of 112
Message 26 of 112

I agree that 90% of people wouldn't notice the problem, but I also had "advanced" users that cannot see the problem after looking for it. Those are not people that I necessarily trust (because I don't know them) but for example the guy that gave me the link to the German forum is probably knowledgeable and experienced, but couldn't find the issue in his device.

Maybe it's a manufacturing defect, that makes the touchscreen accumulate static, and for that reason the issue comes back after software repair? Or maybe it's a touchscreen firmware issue. There's no way of knowing from our side, we can just speculate about it unfortunately.

I wonder if there's a pattern, for example the issue is present only in the dual sim variant, or something like that. It's complex.

Adviser
Message 27 of 112
Message 27 of 112

Flynn82 let's try to find pattern (in case it exists). All the units that I tried and presented the issue were black. What color is your phone?
Might sound stupid, but I read somewhere that in the Xperia Z5 times, there was a similar issue that affected only certain colors, because the software/hardware had minimal differences. Maybe part of a solution is ordering an uglier phone Face with stuck-out Tongue
Regular
Message 28 of 112
Message 28 of 112

Actually mine is also black... 

But lets not forget that probably more people buy black than that strange other colors. Interesting idea though... 

P. S. Second useless answer from Support. They recommend me again to reset the phone and if that doesn't help send it in for repair.

I just ask myself if they ever read my very detailed mails. Pretty convinced that if i would send it for repair they would send it back and say "no defect found" .. 

Message 29 of 112
Message 29 of 112

I just purchased this phone and put on a Roxfit Glass protector.....man does this make the issue even worse lol.  I really hope they do something to fix this

Rookie
Message 30 of 112
Message 30 of 112

I was literally just about to buy this. Did you notice this touchscreen issue before, and does this make it worse? I only notice this issue when using any menu sliders.

Also, is that screen protector actually curved at the edges? Does it cover the whole glass panel?