account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

XZ2 and XZ2 Compact - Screen sensitivity issues

Enthusiast
Message 11 of 112
Message 11 of 112

Re: XZ2 and XZ2 Compact - Screen sensitivity issues

i noticed also that the screen is a bit unresponsive. its like a delay between touch and movement recognition and displaying movement Slightly frowning Face

Adviser
Message 12 of 112
Message 12 of 112

More people are noticing the issue in the XDA forums.

I contacted Sony support and the experience cannot be more frustrating.

A support agent keeps telling me that my device is broken, and I have to send it back to a repair center.

I have sent a video of my device, I have described the issue, told them that I saw this same behavior in other units (3 units in total: my Compact and two regular XZ2), told the guy that other people are complaining about the same thing. The response from the support agent is always something like "thank you for contacting us, we're sorry you are experiencing issues, please send your defective device to your local support center". I wonder if they even read my case. I proactively asked "what do you need from a customer (me) in order to have someone looking at this to acknowledge it as a bug, or else, to determine if this is working as designed". He kept coming back with the same canned response. This is unacceptable. I didn't care a lot about the issue, but I do care about bad customer support.

Regular
Message 13 of 112
Message 13 of 112

Dear Sony,

sadly i have to confirm this issue with the touchscreen (guess all devices have it). 

And i would really appreciate some honest support. We need to know that Sony takes their customers serious and is working at solving it.

You made a really great device but this is a major bug and i want to know if you can and will fix it. Otherwise i am sure that me and others won't keep it. 

Ich Sony had any software QM they must have noticed that it is a pain in the a** trying to adjust display colour sliders with a touchscreen working like this. Just to name another example..  

Enthusiast
Message 14 of 112
Message 14 of 112

sony wont do anything unless the number of complaints is more than 1% of sold units. believe me. it was the same with the distorted lines in images by their camera lens. they are really slow in such things.

for me personally this is not a big thing as im not gaming.

Regular
Message 15 of 112
Message 15 of 112

Ich am not gaming either but adjusting sliders or selecting text is not much fun.

Already talked to the support, they have not been a big help, only standard answers. They also claimed to not yet know about the problem... 

Adviser
Message 16 of 112
Message 16 of 112

I read recently in a German forum that some user fixed a similar issue (or might be the same, I used Google translate) in his XZ2 Compact by performing a software repair with the Xperia companion app. Apparently this software repair goes further than a factory reset.

Could somebody try and let us know if it helps? I did try the factory reset, but not the repair with the PC software. Unfortunately I don't have the phone anymore, but if this fixed the problem, I will buy one instantly.

Rookie
Message 17 of 112
Message 17 of 112

I'll give it a try, but if it involves completely wiping my phone, I'm probably going to hold off on this. Could you link the German forum page?

Highlighted
Regular
Message 18 of 112
Message 18 of 112

I also ask for the name of the forum, because all google couldnt find it... Would like to read myself without translation what it's about. 

And yes probably the companion will erase your data, at least the software should. But not 100% sure about the app. 

If you don't want to try then i could also do it (not using the phone as daily yet). But won't have time earlier than tomorrow evening. 

Adviser
Message 19 of 112
Message 19 of 112

Hi there,

I believe this is the thread, but there might be more: https://www.android-hilfe.de/forum/sony-xperia-xz2.3289/welche-version-habe-ich.873367.html

I have to say that when I contacted support they suggested using the software repair first of all, and I didn't try because I had updated and factory reset my phone already. I thought it would do the same, but apparently the software repair goes a bit further than that...

Please let us know about your results!

One time poster
Message 20 of 112
Message 20 of 112

I have also had some issues drawing/tapping in certain area's on my phone. Seems to me that this is an annoying software bug as a reboot fixes this for me.