account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

XZ2 and FM radio?

Learner
Message 1 of 13
Message 1 of 13

XZ2 and FM radio?

Y'a t il un tuner radio sur le XZ2 COMPACT ? 

Is there a radio tuner on the XZ2 COMPACT?

GT

12 REPLIES 12
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 13
Message 2 of 13

Re: XZ2 and FM radio?

Hi @Agnam, welcome to our forum!

Your question has been translated to English as this is an International forum.

I'm afraid that the hardware in the Xperia XZ2 Compact does not support FM radio. You can however use a third party application if you want to listen to certain radio stations, but then you will need an active Internet connection.

I hope that answers your question! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Learner
Message 3 of 13
Message 3 of 13

Thx for the answord. 

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 4 of 13
Message 4 of 13

the very reason, along with headphone socket, I am moving away from Sony phones after many years when my x compact dies.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 5 of 13
Message 5 of 13

@Agnam, you're very welcome!

Have a great day and let me know if there is anything else I may assist you with!

@scoobyfizz, sorry to hear that you feel this way. Slightly frowning Face

I'll make sure to forward your thoughts on this internally as user feedback, however I can't make any promises as there can be limitations in the devices for certain functions, such as the hardware for the FM radio.

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

Enthusiast
Message 6 of 13
Message 6 of 13

I believe the chipset does have fm capability but just like so many other manufacturers it now appears that it is being disabled forcing people to streaming services which is not an option if you listen to a local radio often... bye bye sony..

One time poster
Message 7 of 13
Message 7 of 13

Please also make sure to forward my feedback as well.

I am also going to move away from sony due to FM receiver and headphone socket having been deprecated.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 8 of 13
Message 8 of 13

Hi @rossitche, very sorry to hear that you are going to change brand. Slightly frowning Face

I'll make sure to forward this feedback internally and have a great weekend! Slightly smiling Face

One time poster
Message 9 of 13
Message 9 of 13

You can forward another feedback from a long, but now ex-Sony user.

Disabling FM radio and displayport alt mode (connecting Xperia to a TV set with USB Type C to HDMI cable), despite this features exist on other Snapdragon 845 devices, is a no go. Add to that removal of a 3,5mm jack and not enabling RAW camera support (which is enabled on Sony sensors on other flagships) is really a step backwards.

Eventually I could somehow manage without 3,5mm jack.

But the absence of the other 3 functions from the device, when they should have been there in the first place, lessened for me all the good characteristics that Xperia possesses.

One time poster
Message 10 of 13
Message 10 of 13

Didnt realize the internal FM tuner was gone when i bought XZ2C this weekend. I guess its the unified jack. I was slightly annoyed knowing there is no more headphone jack before i decided to buy but then i realized just now i didnt want to bring jack converter everywhere to use my MDRZX110NC. Disappointed.