account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobile World Congress 2019

Sonys Press conference from MWC took place end of February
If you missed it you can watch it here.
Please join the discussion here and share your thoughts on what was anounced here. MWC 2019 discussion.

XZ2 Compact and Chromecast

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

XZ2 Compact and Chromecast

Does anyone have any experience using Chromecast with the XZ2 Compact? With all of the Xperia X Compact phones I've used, it has worked perfectly, but with the XZ1 Compact, there have always been problems (loss of connection and subsequent inability to reconnect without restarting, freezing of video frame while the audio continues, etc.). I have tried 3 different XZ1 Compacts, and all 3 exhibit the same problems. I am interested in the XZ2 Compact, but I don't want to discover that it has similar problems to the XZ1C. Any advice from people that have people that have used a Chromecast with the XZ2C? (for at least 30 minutes at a stretch, as the problems with the XZ1C didn't always begin immediately)
I have a Chromecast from 2015, which I believe makes it the first model.
Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Emperor
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: XZ2 Compact and Chromecast

@pseudonym 

I don't think it has to do with your device but with chromecast updates, I had similar issues but after factory resetting and a subsequent update the issues are gone, with that said there are some issues with certain channels, I don't know why but they seem to be out of sync, and only certain channels, I'ver reported this to Google chromecast but so far nothing has been done, and I've experience this with different Xperias & computers, which means it's the chromecast not the devices. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Commissioner
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: XZ2 Compact and Chromecast

I did reset the Chromecast, but the problems persisted. That said, I haven't had an XZ1C for a while. Strangely, the XA2 Ultra also had the same problems with Chromecast. Of my recent phones, only the Xperia X Compacts and a Nokia 6.1 (2018) did not have problems with Chromecast.