account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

XZ2 Compact Major Issues

SOLVED
Message 1 of 25
Message 1 of 25

XZ2 Compact Major Issues

I purchased a duel sim version of the XZ2 Compact and am having problems.  First of all with At&t I am unable to get any LTE speeds.  I bounce between H, H+ and even total disconnection of service.  I know I have great LTE in my area because of my previous phone which was also through at&t and I never had issues.  Also this phone is supposed to be "Verizon Certified" but I also cant get any connection with Verizon data or cellular service at all.  Talked with Verizon for hours today and the phone isnt in their system yet so that may be the issue there.  But as far as the AT&T problems im at a total loss.  Not sure what is going on here, but I have tried a handful of APN settings and nothing seems to change the problems.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Message 17 of 25
Message 17 of 25

Re: XZ2 Compact Major Issues

Good news for anyone other then myself that was having this issue!  Out of pure curiosity i took my wifes sim out of her at&t phone and swapped it with mine just to see what would happen, and HOLY SH*T i have LTE!  So knowing it must have been my new sim causing the issue I took it and put it into my wifes phone and BAM it showed as LTE on her phone.  Then I put both sims back into their origional phones and SUCCESS my phone now shows LTE.  No freaking idea what this did exactly and how it worked, but somehow it must have affected the new sim I obtained from AT&T.  How the people at the AT&T store and techsupport didnt know this is beyond me.  Anyways cheers!

24 REPLIES 24
Emperor
Message 2 of 25
Message 2 of 25

@mattnathaniel12

The phone won't work with Verizon, it will work with T-mobile and AT&T; as for AT&T, are you a new customer, if you are then they won't enable LTE with unlocked phones to your account, this info is hard to get out of the staff but that's the truth, if you had a phone with AT&T before, was it 4G LTE capable, if it wasn't then that's another flag but they can enable LTE using the IMEI number on that phone. 

Out of curiosity, where did you read that the phone is verizon certified? 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Message 3 of 25
Message 3 of 25

Im coming from an at&t 4g lte device yes.  As far as Verizon certified its been reported for the past month that the compact would be.  https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/945278  its also listed on their showcase part of their own site and numerous other sites.

Message 4 of 25
Message 4 of 25

Screenshot_20180418-223940.pngLink didnt work heres a screen grab

Message 5 of 25
Message 5 of 25

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 6 of 25
Message 6 of 25

do you test with 1 SIM? I faced the problem with LTE, when I use 2sim in my device

Message 7 of 25
Message 7 of 25

No difference for me, I've tried single Sim in both trays and I never see 4g or Lte on my screen. Are you using AT&T? 

Inhabitant
Message 8 of 25
Message 8 of 25

No, I am from Russia. In my case, I have the problem with 4g, only when 2sim are inserted. 

Message 9 of 25
Message 9 of 25

Talked to Sony as hard as they are to have any type of conversation with.  They assured me that both the Duel sim version and the single sim version have the same bands.  Not sure what the deal is here.

Message 10 of 25
Message 10 of 25

Is anyone using the XZ2 Compact Duel sim on AT&T?

I am currently using this phone on AT&T in the states and am having issues obtaining 4g/LTE of any kind.  Best I can get is H+.  Is anyone having similar issues?