account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Why Sony Why???

Adviser
Message 1 of 17
Message 1 of 17

Why Sony Why???

Dear Sony Team

You were the last manufacturer to build a small cell phone with a lot of power.
The XZ2 Compact is a big step backwards. 5 inches is not Compact. Why the omission of the 3.5mm connection? And why is it 12mm thick ??

In addition, it would be nice if you had introduced the QI standard also here.

The XZ1 Compact will be my last Sony, if it does not become smaller again.

16 REPLIES 16
Visitor
Message 2 of 17
Message 2 of 17

Re: Why Sony Why???

Totally agree with you.
I thank Sony on the beautiful new designs and reduce blank spaces over and under the screen.
But why was the increased display size?!?!
All the lovers and users (compact) why their love for the purchase and use of this series is the display size appropriate to them 4.6-inch length of the appropriate device to 130 mm.

You can display size was increased to 4.8, for example, reducing the blank spaces on the screen in the same size 130 mm former.

Learner
Message 3 of 17
Message 3 of 17

XZ1 Compact could have been those 2 mm thinner, but apart from that - it looks sexy and it the right size. XZ2C looks TERRIBLE and is TOO BIG - and especially 2:1 ratio screen is nonsense. My main issue with phones is reaching top & down of the screen with thumb - with XZ2C it will be even more difficult for no obvious reasons.

And cutting on minijack?! No, thanks. I will keep my XZ1C until it lasts.

Adviser
Message 4 of 17
Message 4 of 17

sony.png

Dear Sony this is what we wanted, with headphone jack, and qi charge

Adviser
Message 5 of 17
Message 5 of 17

good..good demo..it would have turned out great,,,,,,,,,,,,i think sony should really leave the phone businesss...........now..

really i mean it after seeing xz2...

Commissioner
Message 6 of 17
Message 6 of 17

It's not the design or the bezels that bother me, I actually quite like the design, its the length of it that I don't like. It's not a Compact anymore.

Enthusiast
Message 7 of 17
Message 7 of 17

@MMeterwrote:

sony.png

Dear Sony this is what we wanted, with headphone jack, and qi charge

Yes, totally agree, Sony's R&D must be smoking some good stuff for them to come up with this ridiculous Ambient Flow design.
Enthusiast
Message 8 of 17
Message 8 of 17

and fm radio...

Adviser
Message 9 of 17
Message 9 of 17

I just came here to express the same feelings. I am owner of Xperia Z5 Compact. I've passed on XZ1 because they removed waterproofness. Now I am passing on this phone as well. Sony - stop following others.

Message 10 of 17
Message 10 of 17

@Wodzuwrote:

.... I've passed on XZ1 because they removed waterproofness. 

The XZ1 has the same IP rating as other Xperia handsets ip65/68

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.