account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

WI-FI turns off by itself

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

WI-FI turns off by itself

Hi

My new XZ2 Compact has started to turn Wi-Fi off by itself & when I try to turn it back on I can't

Tapping the Wi-Fi icon in the task bar does nothing 

Going to settings & Network & Internet doesn't help either

When I try to activate the slider it won't slide across but always returns to the Off position 

The only solution is to restart the phone 

Any fixes for this please? 

2 REPLIES 2
Pioneer
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: WI-FI turns off by itself

Hi @ManataJJ;

Try restarting the phone in Safe Mode and use it for some time to see if the same thing happens, if not probably it's a third party app that is causing the problem and you need to find what.

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: WI-FI turns off by itself

Settings > About phone tap 7 times and you enter in deloper mode.

Then Settings > System > Developer options and check there if there is a setting causing this issue