account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Update 51.1.A.4.225 fails to install through OTA or through Xperia Companion

Regular
Message 1 of 10
Message 1 of 10

Update 51.1.A.4.225 fails to install through OTA or through Xperia Companion

As the title says, i cannot install update 51.1.A.4.225. What do i do now? Installing update through Xperia Companion supposed to be more reliable likely to succeed ... But fails. I do not want to factory reset my phone.

9 REPLIES 9
Enthusiast
Message 2 of 10
Message 2 of 10

Re: Update 51.1.A.4.225 fails to install through OTA or through Xperia Companion

Your complaint is also a pure fail.

what about posting at least an error message?

Regular
Message 3 of 10
Message 3 of 10

Re: Update 51.1.A.4.225 fails to install through OTA or through Xperia Companion

How about no error message? Just displaying "couldn't install update". I doubt that you have given you any direction or hint. How about you do not post in my thread anymore?

Enthusiast
Message 4 of 10
Message 4 of 10

Hi

Do you have enough place on HDD/SSD on the PC?

Regular
Message 5 of 10
Message 5 of 10

Yep, I do, I have 512gb nvme drive that has only 15% data on it including os

Pioneer
Message 6 of 10
Message 6 of 10

@bormasina

Try this: settings, apps & notifications, app info, 3 dots top right corner, show system, look for update service, clear data, restart phone, try software update.

On XC, does it take very long for XC to download the update? 

Regular
Message 7 of 10
Message 7 of 10

I tried your suggestion but Xperia Companion doesn't seem to re-download a fresh update. How do i clear the Xperia Companion? Or force it to redownload fresh update file?

Regular
Message 8 of 10
Message 8 of 10

Also tried to update in safe mode via OTA and via Xperia Companion. This is annoying.

Highlighted
Pioneer
Message 9 of 10
Message 9 of 10

@bormasina

My first suggestion was for phone - OTA. The second thing I can think of is uninstall and reinstall XC on pc / laptop and try again (I had once to do it 3 times before I could update, so be patient).

Good luck! 

Regular
Message 10 of 10
Message 10 of 10

@Roadrunny76

Yep, I understood your first suggestion (data & cache clear for the software update app on the phone) for OTA on phone. I tried it and it didn't work. Although it looked like fresh OTA was always being downloaded. But the update failed nonetheless.

I also cleared data & cache when I did Xperia Companion route, however XC never tried to re-download a fresh OTA. Just went straight to "click next for the update to transferred to phone".

I'll try to re-install XC and hopefully I do not need to do a software repair through XC.