account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

USB C to 3.5 jack Dongle

Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

USB C to 3.5 jack Dongle

I've been using the AKG earphones provided with my Samsung galaxy s8+, on my new Xperia xz2 compact obviously using the dongle provided, but the mic is not working. Which is working fine with my s8+ and other phones such has Xiaomi redmi note 4 of my dad.

So, is it the dongle causing the problem or is it my earphone, or the phone itself?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: USB C to 3.5 jack Dongle

@lokhand0manav while it's hard to tell what's behind the issue, I can tell you that I've been using my Sennheiser headphones with the provided dongle, and the headphone mic (as well as volume buttons) worked just fine. I guess you could try plugging some other headphones to see if it's only the matter of the headphone brand.

Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for the reply,

Yeah I guess the problem could be the earphone's connector , as the earphone works fine with other devices but not with mine, though I tried using some cheap earphones and they worked just fine on my phone

Highlighted
S-E
Apprentice
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

I think it's something to do with the AKG's themselves. I've tried them in a OP3T & 5 alongside a PS4 DS4 and nobody could hear me through the mic.

I'm convinced it's the way they are wired. πŸ€”