account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

The phone is 'optimizing network' and constantly restarts (1 reboot per 1-2 days)

One time poster
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

The phone is 'optimizing network' and constantly restarts (1 reboot per 1-2 days)

Hello, 

I have Xperia XZ2 Compact dual sim.

Model H8324

Android version 9

Build number 52.0.A.8.14

All latest updates have been installed.

My phone shows message that it 'optimized network settings' (I don't know the exact message in english) and requires the reboot. It happens constantly one time per 1-2 days. After reboot the phone switches the default sim card for calls, sms and data to other sim card than was selectes before reboot. Also the phone looses the mobile data connection.

To restore the mobile data connection I must turn-on Wi-Fi, get the phone to download the mobile provider settings by Wi-Fi, switch the default sim for calls, sms and data and reboot the phone manually again.

How I can disable such network optimizations?

Thanks,

Anton

1 REPLY 1
One time poster
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Reboots xz2 compact

Hello everyone,

Every now and then my phone gives a message "the data settings are being optimized". The only thing I can do when that happens is press ok, which leads to an immediately reboot of the phone. After de reboot the dual SIM settings aren't correct anymore. Sim 2 is my data sim, but data is switched back to sim 1. After correcting that i have to reboot again.

Also after every reboot Volte on my second sim reactivates, but i don't ue that sim for calling.

Can anyone help me?