account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobile World Congress 2019

Sonys Press conference from MWC took place end of February
If you missed it you can watch it here.
Please join the discussion here and share your thoughts on what was anounced here. MWC 2019 discussion.

The app “Album” ignores the turned off setting “Video” in the app manager

SOLVED
Learner
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

The app “Album” ignores the turned off setting “Video” in the app manager

I have turned off the app “Video” (Sony Mobile) and set VLC as default video player (mp4 etc.).

When I start a video within the app “Album” (Sony Mobile), “Video” (Sony Mobile) is playing this video and not my standard player VLC.

How is this possible? The app “Album” ignores the turned off setting “Video” in the app manager!

Please correct this annoying bug.

ps When I start a video within the app “Files” (Sony Mobile) , VLC is correct playing this Video.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: The app “Album” ignores the turned off setting “Video” in the app manager

The App "Album" always uses the in-built videoplayer.

The setting you've changed is for when you open a video-file from the filemanager or from an email attachement. But since you are starting the video from within the app already, of course the same app will play the video.

In my opinion, the good interaction between the multimedia-processes and therefore the seemsless switching between photos, videos and music is on of the big strengths of the Xperias, the Album app is one of the best media gallerys around.

However, if you don't like this behaviour you can always look for a different gallery-app in the Playstore which allows changing the setting of which video player to start. Then you just don't use "Album" but something else.

How is it when you use the preinstalled "Google Photos" instead of "Album"?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

The App "Album" always uses the in-built videoplayer.

The setting you've changed is for when you open a video-file from the filemanager or from an email attachement. But since you are starting the video from within the app already, of course the same app will play the video.

In my opinion, the good interaction between the multimedia-processes and therefore the seemsless switching between photos, videos and music is on of the big strengths of the Xperias, the Album app is one of the best media gallerys around.

However, if you don't like this behaviour you can always look for a different gallery-app in the Playstore which allows changing the setting of which video player to start. Then you just don't use "Album" but something else.

How is it when you use the preinstalled "Google Photos" instead of "Album"?

Learner
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Thanks for the fast reply and the confirmation of the unexpected behaviour I noticed. Album is not one single app but a package deal with the app Video. Because I want to use VLC, that offers for me more possibility's, I will look out for an other Gallery/album app.