account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Sync Album to Google Photos

Highlighted
Regular
Message 11 of 16
Message 11 of 16

Re: Sync Album to Google Photos

an MMS ๐Ÿ˜จ). I digress. Back to the ๐Ÿ˜ฑ of backup & restore. Yes, it's the one in Phone Settings . 

Regular
Message 12 of 16
Message 12 of 16

I've checked the box to receive an email 

Regular
Message 13 of 16
Message 13 of 16

Please feel free to do so๐Ÿ‘as I know that there was another person with this Backup & Restore Stops At 50% & Stays Stuck There issue. As for the new issue concerning the pop-up message saying "Unable to complete previous operation due to low memory"๐Ÿ˜จ๐Ÿ˜ฅ please could you help me with that too. You'll notice that I haven't added any message tags and/or associated products๐Ÿค” because (as you might already have guessed), I have barely any idea what I'm doing.๐Ÿ˜ต Thank you for your help, Jonas๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ‘

Sony Xperia Support
Message 14 of 16
Message 14 of 16

Hi again @Belinda2014! Slightly smiling Face

That sounds strange..

Could you try and go to Settings > Apps & notifications > Show all xx apps > 3 dots > Show system > Backup & restore > Storage > Clear data > OK.

I forgot to ask in my previous reply, are you doing the backup to an SD card, online account or USB drive?

Thank you! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 15 of 16
Message 15 of 16

Hi there,

is Google Photos the only option to automatically backup photos?
On my Samsung I used to have instant/automatically backups to Dropbox.

- I just got my xz2 compact a week ago, and want to make sure my pics are safe.

tnx!

Sony Xperia Support
Message 16 of 16
Message 16 of 16

Hi @Kaybxl, welcome to our forum and congratulations on your new device! Slightly smiling Face

The normal Album application does not have any backup feature, so Google Photos is a good alternative to have your photos safely stored on your Google account. I use the free storage option and the photos will be saved in slightly lower quality, but if you want to use the high quality option, that is also an option.

I'm not sure if the Dropbox application can backup certain folders automatically, but if you prefer using Dropbox, you can always download the application and have a look in the settings for the application.

I hope that helps and let me know if there is anything else! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.