account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Sync Album to Google Photos

One time poster
Message 1 of 16
Message 1 of 16

Sync Album to Google Photos

When I had my old Xperia Z5 I had it set up so it would automatically sync my Alnum to my Google Photos account.

I can't for the life of me figure out how to set this up on my new device!

When I go into Album > Settings > Backup Settings I'm only given an option to back up with Amazon Photos.

Any ideas...?

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
Message 2 of 16

Re: Sync Album to Google Photos

@tearsinrain84I don't think you can do it straight from the Album app, but Google Photos app should be preinstalled on your device, and you could set up the sync from there.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 16
Message 3 of 16

Hi @tearsinrain84, welcome to our forum!

As @najodleglejszy wrote, I can't remember that there was an option in the Album application to synchronize pictures or videos to Google Photo directly, but Google Photo should be pre-installed in your device, or you can download it from the Google Play store.

The first time you open up the Google Photos application, you will be asked if you want to backup your photos or not, to your Google account. This can also be done later if you tap the three lines in the top right corner > Settings > Backup & sync > turn this feature on and more options will open up, such as which quality you want the photos be saved in, if you want to use only Wi-Fi to backup the photos/videos and so on!

I hope that helps! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Regular
Message 4 of 16
Message 4 of 16

Hi, Jonas. Thanks for that info. I have another issue with regard to syncing, which I hope you can solve, please. Someone else has asked about the same issue

Regular
Message 5 of 16
Message 5 of 16

Oops! My finger slipped 🤣 The problem I have concerns BACK-UP 

Highlighted
Regular
Message 6 of 16
Message 6 of 16

Crikey, I'm sorry for my premature-post

Regular
Message 7 of 16
Message 7 of 16

Okay, I swapped to landscape mode, so trigger-happy-thumbing will cease — hopefully. Meanwhile back on topic. BACK UP & RESTORE REFUSES TO WORK. By that, I mean that the process starts properly but STOPS when it reaches 50% and doesn't budge from there. I've tried everything that I can think of, in the app settings, phone settings, unchecking various folders from the back-up list, moving everything on the SD card back to internal storage, swapped syncing to Google Drive to syncing to Amazon — which also won't work — and switched back to Google, uninstalled/reinstalled the Album app, tried backing-up manually etc, to no avail. Someone else asked about the same issue, yonks ago, but hasn't had any luck with replies to solve the problem. I've scoured all of the android forums that I can think of, but came up with nothing. So I'm stuck-az (as we say here in Aotearoa/New Zealand) Thank you, in advance for any help that you can give me with this mammoth pain in the backside.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 8 of 16
Message 8 of 16

Hi @Belinda2014, you're very welcome! Slightly smiling Face

The backup and restore you are referring to, is it the one found in Settings > System > Advanced > Xperia backup and restore, or the one found in Google Photos?

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Regular
Message 9 of 16
Message 9 of 16

Hi jonas. I missed your reply, I'm sorry. The Backup & Restore that I'm referring to is: Settings > System > Advanced > Xperia backup and restore. I just tried to add a screenshot that I took of it Unable to complete previous operation due to low memory.

Regular
Message 10 of 16
Message 10 of 16

But that was the message that popped up {which I guess is another issue I'm having as there's heaps of memory available because there's nothing running other that system apps and this website [in Google Chrome] and it has happened a few times when I've tried to add an image to