account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobile World Congress 2019

Sonys Press conference from MWC took place end of February
If you missed it you can watch it here.
Please join the discussion here and share your thoughts on what was anounced here. MWC 2019 discussion.

Sound/Vibration only shortcut missing on Android 9 - any solutions?

Pioneer
Message 11 of 13
Message 11 of 13

Re: Sound/Vibration only shortcut missing on Android 9 - any solutions?

@detpruf 

Smart Google software engeneers are smart enough to change all kind of things.

However sometimes they are not aware of the perceived needs of normal users.

who knows knows
who doesn't doesn't
Message 12 of 13
Message 12 of 13

@detprufsomething's off about this behaviour. I usually have my phone set to just ring, with "Also vibrate for calls" disabled. when I press the volume button, tap the bell icon and change it to vibrate only, the phone vibrates on call without me having to change anything in Sound settings, as long as I actually choose "vibrate only" which shows a vibrating phone icon, and not "No ringtone" which shows the bell with a line through it.

if you indeed set it to vibrate and get no vibration on an incoming call if "Also vibrate for calls" is disabled, perhaps you should try booting into safe mode to see if the behaviour stays the same. https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/How-to-boot-your-phone-into-safe-mode/td-p/348008

Apprentice
Message 13 of 13
Message 13 of 13

Thank you for your idea.

Unfortunately I've tried in safe mode and it's still the same result.