account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobile World Congress 2019

Sonys Press conference from MWC took place end of February
If you missed it you can watch it here.
Please join the discussion here and share your thoughts on what was anounced here. MWC 2019 discussion.

Sony Xperia xz2 suddenly can't connect to Verizon network

Emperor
Message 31 of 44
Message 31 of 44

Re: Sony Xperia xz2 suddenly can't connect to Verizon network

@Aaron1982  @arteitle  @bh061 @JT160  @buddy89 XZ2AZ BoxingFan73 Woodardhsd1 

I had a similar issue and I got this info to share with you all. 

There's a feature that you have to get activated with Verizon, if it's not enabled you will have to contact them so they can do so. It's called "CDMALess"

To activate/use an existing number on a new device, you can log in to your Verizon account on verizonwireless.com.

Tap My Verizon > My Device > Activate or Switch Device and follow the instructions.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 32 of 44
Message 32 of 44

I called Verizon and was told by the tech that CDMA-less roaming was already activated, so this doesn't fix the issue that I'm facing. That said, I haven't been disconnected from the network for a little over a week now and am hoping it stays that way.

Apprentice
Message 33 of 44
Message 33 of 44

Has this problem come back for anyone? Since I did the software repair which reverted my firmware back to version 52.0.A.3.126, mine's been working without trouble. The software update functions on the phone and the Xperia PC application both say this is the most recent version, so apparently Sony has withdrawn the newer version that I was using when the problem first appeared.

Rookie
Message 34 of 44
Message 34 of 44

It came back for me last night, I had to reset my phone again. This is getting to be a real problem, something needs to be done about this.

Learner
Message 35 of 44
Message 35 of 44

So far so good.  Been working for a week after a software repare and a new SIM card from Verizon.  I've been in and out of low/no signal areas and roaming.  Hope it lasts.

Learner
Message 36 of 44
Message 36 of 44

I also noticed that the Software Repair installed an older firmware version, 52.0.A.3.126, and that my phone says it is up to date.  Looks like Sony pulled the .163 version.  I've had no problems since the  Software Repair.

And to @uliwooly, the phone wouldn't have worked on Verizon at all if CDMA-less wasn't originally turned on.

One time poster
Message 37 of 44
Message 37 of 44

This is my third time experiencing this issue. Initially talked with the Verizon representative we went through all of the steps checking to see if CDMA is on new Sim card etc. No luck.

Spoke with a Sony representative on the phone. Got the number from Verizon, they have a specific number for Verizon related Sony support for the Xperias. The tech suggested doing the software repair. After the initial repair phone worked for three days and then had the same issue. After second repair the phone lasted about two weeks. Lost signal again today February 25, 2019 and am performing the third Software repair. 

Realized that the problem is happening when I drop out of service for a longer period of time.  Unfortunate because my work has some dead zones that I can’t avoid. 

One time poster
Message 38 of 44
Message 38 of 44

Wanted to add my story. My XZ2 Compact was working on Verizon for months, then I got the No Service issue all of you described. Did a factory reset (back to 52.0.A.3.126) and it would work for a few hours. After 5 factory resets, I figured out that turning off automatic updates and disabling Google Play and Google Services would keep my phone working for much longer. Then a week ago, I got the No Service again and couldn't get it back, even with a factory reset.

Ordered a new Motorola phone and was about to activate when a new update got pushed out to my Sony phone (52.0.A.7.1). Now I have Verizon service again! How long will this last?

Learner
Message 39 of 44
Message 39 of 44

I also noticed that Sony rolled out the 52.0.A.7.1 update this morning.  I'm waiting to see if Sony or any XZ2 users can report that the loss-of-service issue is fixed in this update.  If Sony did fix it, I would think this would be something they'd be shouting from the rooftops.

Learner
Message 40 of 44
Message 40 of 44

I installed the 52.0.A.7.1 update yesterday morning.  The area where I work has a very weak/nonexistent Verizon signal, so I was able to test the phone twice yesterday.  What I found is that the phone still won't reconnect on its own after being without a signal for more than a few minutes.  However, I was able to reconnect by power cycling or restarting the phone once it was in an area with a signal.  So this issue is still not completely solved, but at least the phone can be reconnected relatively easily, as compared to a factory data reset or software repair.  Hopefully Sony is still working on this and will have it fuly resolved soon.