account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobile World Congress 2019

Sonys Press conference from MWC took place end of February
If you missed it you can watch it here.
Please join the discussion here and share your thoughts on what was anounced here. MWC 2019 discussion.

Sony Xperia xz2 suddenly can't connect to Verizon network

One time poster
Message 21 of 44
Message 21 of 44

Re: Sony Xperia xz2 suddenly can't connect to Verizon network

I also have the same problem everyone else is experincing with my xz2 compact on Verizon. I tried a factory reset, and I had service for about 20 minutes before an update downloaded and my phone broke again. I had this happen on a business trip, and verizon wasn't any help. The best they could do was try to encourage me to buy a new $1000 phone. I also contacted Sony, and their support isn't much help either. They take days to respond to email. The phone support referred me back to another email chain with no response for a few days. They wan't to replace my phone, but it sounds like that isn't really a solution to the problem.

One time poster
Message 22 of 44
Message 22 of 44

My XZ2 Compact went out on Friday and I was on my way out of town. Lucky me, there was actually no cell service where we were anyways. Back home now and still nothing. Going to try the software repair in xperia companion. Will post again if it works. I love Sony phones, it just  that they don't work something out with Verizon, like with the Z3V. 

Apprentice
Message 23 of 44
Message 23 of 44

Does that wipe the phone like a factory reset would?

Edit: It does

Apprentice
Message 24 of 44
Message 24 of 44

I  went ahead and did the factory repair tool in xperia companion.  I did backup my data first using companion.  I have signal back, but companion will not restore my backup.  It says there is a problem with the backup or restore.  Thanks Sony

Learner
Message 25 of 44
Message 25 of 44

My XZ2 Compact can't connect to Verizon now either.  I drove to an area that has no cell service at all earlier this week.  Came back to civilization today, and I have no service.  Verizon support was no help...suggesting a new SIM card, but mostly stumped.

Apprentice
Message 26 of 44
Message 26 of 44

Try doing a software repair with the Xperia Companion software.  It worked for me.  18 hours since the repair and I still have service.  

https://support.sonymobile.com/us/xperia-companion/#gref

Learner
Message 27 of 44
Message 27 of 44

Worked for me too, but I eventually lost service again. Have since used the Xperia companion again and still have service, but am not optimistic...

Learner
Message 28 of 44
Message 28 of 44

I dealt with this issue multiple times before sending my phone back to the retailer for a refund (fortunately it's brand new, so that was an option for me).  Factory reset and/or software update will fix the problem but only until the phone goes into an area of no or very weak service and stays there for more than a few minutes.  I believe it is a software or firmware issue.  I wish Sony would acknowledge the probelm (they have not, despite my efforts to explain it to numerous tech support reps) and come up with a fix.

One time poster
Message 29 of 44
Message 29 of 44

I had the same issue when I went out of service area.  No help from Verizon, though it doesn't appear to be their problem.  Did a backup and then factory reset the phone.  no issues since, but I'm sure if I go out of service area it will happen again.

I'm posting in the hope that sony realizes they have a problem and fix it.

Apprentice
Message 30 of 44
Message 30 of 44

As described above a factory reset restored my service for a few days, then it went out again. I emailed Sony support describing the problem in detail and including a link to this thread, and got back a useless cut-and-pasted reply suggesting that I make sure my phone is activated with Verizon Wireless. I took matters into my own hands again and used the Windows software to perform a software repair, and interestingly it reverted to an earlier firmware version, 52.0.A.3.126, instead of version .163 which I had updated to a few weeks ago. So far so good, we'll see if it lasts. I did receive another email from Sony after I complained about how unhelpful the first one was, and this one was slightly more personalized, but just suggested trying to do a software update.