account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Sony Xperia xz2 suddenly can't connect to Verizon network

Learner
Message 11 of 44
Message 11 of 44

Re: Sony Xperia xz2 suddenly can't connect to Verizon network

And so, it worked all yesterday afternoon.  I did not do a factory reset.  This morning after powering on, it's gone again.

I can see the signal come in for a faction of a second on power up.  Service is fine with the SIM in another phone.

One time poster
Message 12 of 44
Message 12 of 44

XZ2 Compact, No SIM with New Update using Verizon

I am using the XZ2 Compact and the recent update (as of Feb 6, 2019) removed my phones ability to use my SIM card.

I am in the Verizon network (LTE and CDMA) 

I did the standard, restart, try different SIM cards, but a factory reset allowed my phone to work to receive calls, text and data. 

Please let your engineering team of the possible firmware/software issue. 

Thank you.

Learner
Message 13 of 44
Message 13 of 44

Same issue! Phone stopped recognizing my sim card yesterday and wouldn't let me connect to verizon's network. I even replaced the sim card  - no luck. Just did a factory reset, which fixed the problem but very much not idea. This is actually the second time this has happened to me. Had to factory reset that time too. (For what it's worth, booting in safe mode didn't help me out either time, which suggests to me this isn't an app issuee.)

One time poster
Message 14 of 44
Message 14 of 44

Re: XZ2 Compact, No SIM with New Update using Verizon

I am having the identical problem with my phone as well, I just spent an hour on the phone with Verizon and they have little to no information about this phone. It has to be the latest version of the xperia firmware update. My sim card works fine in my old phone. The mobile data and call connectivity dropped at about 9pm pst today 2/6/2018. Safe mode does not change it and I did a network reset as well. Only thing I have left to do is a factory reset and turn off auto updates. I wish I could revert back to the december firmware update that allows you to access the sim card.  This is beyond dissapointing because I don't have a land line and this is my business phone. 

One time poster
Message 15 of 44
Message 15 of 44

Any resolution from Sony to this problem yet? I'm in the same boat, lost connection yesterday. Verizon has an open ticket for me to look into this but so far no response

Learner
Message 16 of 44
Message 16 of 44

Same issue here.  Activated a newly purchased XZ2 Compact on 1/31/18 and all was perfect until I entered an area of weak/no service.  After the phone disconnects from the mobile network, it will not reconnect unless a factory reset or software repair is performed.  I have been able to duplicate this issue several times.  Fortunately I am able to return this phone to the retailer for a full refund.  It's a shame because I otherwise would be very happy with it.  Maybe I will purchase again if/when Sony corrects this issue.

Pioneer
Message 17 of 44
Message 17 of 44

What about this:

Settings-> system->advanced->reset options->reset network settings

After that goto your provider's site and look for apn settings and follow the instructions.

who knows knows
who doesn't doesn't
Apprentice
Message 18 of 44
Message 18 of 44

The problem has come back again for me, suddenly yesterday evening without any obvious trigger or cause. I'm assuming I'll need to do another factory reset to correct it, which obviously isn't acceptable. I'm planning to call Sony support, but I expect they'll either tell me to do a reset or want to replace the phone, when it seems like the problem is more widespread. Does anyone have any ideas for how to engage Sony or Verizon engineers who can actually investigate what's happening?

Apprentice
Message 19 of 44
Message 19 of 44

This happened to my wife's phone yesterday. Contacted Verizon  but they weren't much help. 

Rookie
Message 20 of 44
Message 20 of 44

I had this issue too, but I fixed it by using the "software repair" option on the Xperia Companion. I think it's related to the last update. Sony needs to get this fixed.