account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobile World Congress 2019

Sonys Press conference from MWC took place end of February
If you missed it you can watch it here.
Please join the discussion here and share your thoughts on what was anounced here. MWC 2019 discussion.

Sony Xperia xz2 suddenly can't connect to Verizon network

One time poster
Message 1 of 44
Message 1 of 44

Sony Xperia xz2 suddenly can't connect to Verizon network

Overnight, my xz2 compact can no longer connect to Verizon network.  Tried factory reset, repair with the Xperia companion app, and the SIM card works in other phones.

During the setup after the factory reset, connection and data worked.  The last step asked me to download network data to optimize my connection. I have no option but to accept and that's when I lose connection to Verizon network. 

43 REPLIES 43
Emperor
Message 2 of 44
Message 2 of 44

Re: Sony Xperia xz2 suddenly can't connect to Verizon network

@Aaron1982 

this might be related to Verizon, you might want to contact them

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Apprentice
Message 3 of 44
Message 3 of 44

I'm having the same problem, first noticed midday today but possibly starting yesterday, that I can't connect to the Verizon network at all. I spent a while on the phone with VZW tech support and nothing helped, including swapping SIMs with another working (Samsung) phone. He had me reset network settings, but I haven't done a full factory reset yet (and if I can I'd prefer not to). My next shot was going to be calling Sony. 

One time poster
Message 4 of 44
Message 4 of 44

I went through this today. The online Verizon rep walked me through activating the SIM card and nothing was working. The factory reset did the trick, but now I have to go back and reset all my stuff.

Apprentice
Message 5 of 44
Message 5 of 44

I just now did a factory reset and it seems to have fixed it too. I tried to back up as much as I could with the Xperia backup tool and Helium Backup, so hopefully restoring things won't be too tough. 

Learner
Message 6 of 44
Message 6 of 44

I'm fighting the same issue.  Thought I had some success this morning rebooting in safe mode.  Had service again while in safe mode, however, after switching back to normal it's gone again.  And now switching to safe mode doesn't help.

Visitor
Message 7 of 44
Message 7 of 44

What the **bleep**!

I'm in the same boat!

I noticed yesterday morning on the way to work...but just now went to the Verizon store and got a new SIM...nothing.

I tried the safe mode and that didn't work for me.  I guess I am backing up and preparing for a factory reset.

Verizon must have done something if all of us had the same exact issue at the same time.

Visitor
Message 8 of 44
Message 8 of 44

By the way...my "bleep" was "h-e-double hockey sticks".

Visitor
Message 9 of 44
Message 9 of 44

Factory Reset did the trick for me as well.

Not too happy with that though...but better than having to go through warranty or insurance to get another phone.

One time poster
Message 10 of 44
Message 10 of 44

Same problem here also. Factory reset did the job for me but 2 days later it stopped working again. Furthermore, I must add that I use a prepaid service from Verizon.