account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact not compatible with Orange RO extra services

Rookie
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact not compatible with Orange RO extra services

So,

just bought XZ2 Compact just after it hit the stores in Romania. All good so far. It's a great phone in a great size. I love it. So, my problem is, I can't get the extra services from Orange RO to work. What I don't know exactly is who should fix this, either Sony through a software update or Orange needs to update settings to allow my phone to connect to the extra services. And by extra services, I mean Wi-Fi calling and 4G Calling. Also, Android Messages RCS is not working as well.

In the contrast, I have a Samsung Galaxy A3 2017 as a work phone, contract free, and everything works using the same SIM card. It's very annoying! I wrote to both Orange and Sony and don't have a solution so far, nor a straight answer about who needs to address this. Any ideas?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Pioneer
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact not compatible with Orange RO extra services

@pvradu

Checking the Orange website, XZ2c is not compatible with the extra services, while A3 2017 appears on the list. I guess it is a matter of certification between Orange and Sony since on Sony's page (for XZ2) regarding volte it is stated that you need operator customized software among others for it to work.

https://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/xperiaxz2/kb/801930746ffcf563015c0bfaac370057e6/#gref

https://www.orange.ro/tehnologii/apel-4g/

Rookie
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: Sony Xperia XZ2 Compact not compatible with Orange RO extra services

@Roadrunny76 I know Sony XZ2 Compact doesn't show in that list and the Galaxy A3 does. Still, Galaxy has no operator customization and was bought contract free from a retailer, not from a carrier store. What I'm saying is that, if it has any customization, it is built in and not based on whether it's bought from a carrier store or not. In my case, the Galaxy was not.

So, I must assume it's something that should be built in into the software itself and not carrier custom image. (maybe a custom software provided by the carrier, but integrated by Sony?!).