account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Sliding up On screen doesn`t answer call

Adviser
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

Sliding up On screen doesn`t answer call

I have missed several important calls because I could not answer. Sliding up the circle on the screen only works some times. Normally, if you`re right handed, you`d want to use your thumb. I have tried with the index finger also. This is a very serious defect which makes me not being able to use the phone under critical circumstances. I just missed a call from the Police. Since they used a private number I could not call back (I was waiting to be called up so I know that it was the Police).  I then tried calling the xz2 compact several times from another phone. Sometimes the swipe works, sometimes not. 

Earlier, I tried to implement the answering function by which you answer by simply putting the phone to your ear. This often did not work so I went back to answering by sliding up on the screen. 

If this problem is not solved I`ll return the phone and buy another brand  dual sim phone. 

7 REPLIES 7
Adviser
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Re: Sliding up On screen doesn`t answer call

I have the Sony protective cover with a flap over the screen. When I tried calling the phone from another phone the flap was put to the side and the phone was flat on a table.

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

I now disabled smart call handling which anyhow does not work. Still, swiping up does not answer calls. Possibly, licking my fingertip before answering helps sometimes. Rather impractical and unhygienic for a doctor. 

Regular
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

I also have the same issue when answering phonecalls. Also typing has become worse after .265 update. Only thing that's been improved is the touch delay that was before. (Approximately 5mm delay on finger movement on screen.) 

So boring when they fix one issue and you get another instead. This I flagship phones.

Adviser
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

The problem that sliding up often does not answer calls appeared less than a week ago so it is perhaps related to an update. I then have to immediately call back - provided that a call id is given - and explain that the Sony phone has a fault so I cannot answer calls. 

Visitor
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

I have this same problem. It sometimes works ok, others I have to try as many times as I am able to before I loose the call and I also lost some calls although I tried and I tried to answer sliding up. Does anyone know how to fix this issue? 

One time poster
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

I have the same issue - sliding up on the screen only works some times. 

I found two different solutions to fix this issue:

- In display settings, disable the option "Prevent accidental operations with screen off"

- When receiving a call, press the power button two times (lock - unlock)

Apprentice
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

You have disable the function that when you push the powerbutton your screen will lock immediatly. You must go to screensaver. After I did this I could answer the phone by sliding up.