account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Serious problem after updating to Android 9.0

One time poster
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Serious problem after updating to Android 9.0

The system keeps restarting itself on my Sony XZ2 Compact, after my system update to Android 9.0.

Now, I am so much disappointed. 

The situation is, whenever I have finished playing game on my phone, I close the game and get back to the homepage. The phone shows "The System isn't responding". Sometimes, it took 10 seconds to get back to normal. But in more common cases, it took me a minute to rebooting the whole system by restarting it. 

This is very annoying. Anyone knows how to tackle this? I am so regretting to update my phone to 9.0.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: Serious problem after updating to Android 9.0

One time poster
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Update:

For me the fix so far has been not to use the xperia backup software either on the phone or the computer.  I completed a factory reset and used the google backup I had made to restore and so far it has been stable.  If anything changes I will update again.

Original comment:

I have the same problem with mine restaring moreso overnight.  I have done a factory reset with the same results and also the software recovery from the companion program.  This morning the phone had restarted again.  Hopefully this can be resolved with an update? 

Enthusiast
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

I have the same issues hanging the rebooting and overnight since pie update. Done two resets to no avail and also does this in safe mode.

Enthusiast
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

Pioneer
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

An app may be in the way.

So keep it clean after a software repair and see what happens.

Do the repair with a charged battery.

who knows knows
who doesn't doesn't