account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobile World Congress 2019

Sonys Press conference from MWC took place end of February
If you missed it you can watch it here.
Please join the discussion here and share your thoughts on what was anounced here. MWC 2019 discussion.

Screen goes black while in call

SOLVED
Igs
Learner
Message 21 of 32
Message 21 of 32

Re: Screen goes black while in call

Welcome to the club

One time poster
Message 22 of 32
Message 22 of 32

Same problem here.

Why is this marked as solved?

Adviser
Message 23 of 32
Message 23 of 32

Same problem Slightly frowning Face

Regular
Message 24 of 32
Message 24 of 32

I just returned the phone for the fifth time to the after sales service, the problem is still not resolved, I hope a refund and goodbye sony

Learner
Message 25 of 32
Message 25 of 32

Same problem, bought sony xperia-xz2-compact in Belgium, also screen goes black with calls, not always, but after 4,5 calls it returns every time.only solution is to install other dialer (for example Drupe) then the problem is solved. So the problem is definitely the standard dialer app, that's 100 % sure. 

Inhabitant
Message 26 of 32
Message 26 of 32

Latest software update (265) resolves all these issues.

Learner
Message 27 of 32
Message 27 of 32

If only that i could receive an update, my version here in Belgium still the same from April 51.1.A.3.159, very disappointing, not received any single update yet. Still black screen issue

Apprentice
Message 28 of 32
Message 28 of 32

I have the same issue. 

Latest update did not solve the problem.

Build .... 11.26

I think I will ask for refund. It is very annoying.. 

Message 29 of 32
Message 29 of 32

Got xperia 5 bought from singapore which worked fine for a few months then screen blanked when making a call. Did software repair via sony companion and reinstalled software. No apparent difference however I find that when phone ringing if I push power button twice quickly and see home screen symbol . Press it and swipe down top left  you can see call tab with an 'end' command which if pressed will end call! Grinning Face

One time poster
Message 30 of 32
Message 30 of 32

Good evening, I have Xz1 and I'm still having this problem despite running software repair. Is there anything I should do?  It's quite frustrating not able to access your phone during a call.