account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Screen goes black while in call

SOLVED
Igs
Learner
Message 11 of 32
Message 11 of 32

Re: Screen goes black while in call

All diagnostic is 100% i run all tests few times

Igs
Learner
Message 12 of 32
Message 12 of 32

Update:

1)Battery charged to 90%

2) started software repair 

3) on 90% of download software in companion phone says powering off (i guess it goes into some mode for repair) and after phone is turn off i got message (error cannot be repaired)

Pioneer
Message 13 of 32
Message 13 of 32

@Igs;

There should be some information in the error message what does it say? 

Have you followed the instructions correctly?

Igs
Learner
Message 14 of 32
Message 14 of 32

It just says error cannot be repaired,there is no "instructions" only we need to do is,attach phone,select transfer mode,and just waiting companion to download software 

Pioneer
Message 15 of 32
Message 15 of 32

@Igs;

You should have on screen indications while performing the software repair, also you have a ? on screen to get some help.

As last resort you can try perform software repair with device powered off from beginning. 

Igs
Learner
Message 16 of 32
Message 16 of 32

Yes i have,to connect the phone,select transfer mode and wait,but it doesent work,also tried to do with powered off mode,companion cant detect phone while is powered off,i guess i need to to forget sony devices and look for something else,thx for help

Pioneer
Message 17 of 32
Message 17 of 32

@Igs, you need to be patient and do things with calm, as I said you can perform the software repair with the phone turned off  just follow the 5 steps asked and connect the phone only when you are told to.

But there must be something wrong for the software repair giving an error, try restarting PC and phone and repeat process. 

Igs
Learner
Message 18 of 32
Message 18 of 32

Like i said,when i power off device,companion says i have to connect the device,when i start process with device powered on i got error Slightly smiling Face

Igs
Learner
Message 19 of 32
Message 19 of 32

DSC_0044.JPG

One time poster
Message 20 of 32
Message 20 of 32

Just wanted to add that I have the same problem with my XZ2 compact. Really bad...