account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobile World Congress 2019

Sonys Press conference from MWC took place end of February
If you missed it you can watch it here.
Please join the discussion here and share your thoughts on what was anounced here. MWC 2019 discussion.

Screen goes black while in call

SOLVED
Igs
Learner
Message 1 of 32
Message 1 of 32

Screen goes black while in call

Hi,anyone have this issue in the moment when start ringing on the other side,screen goes black i can wake it up only by double pressing the camera key,i read that this is common issue with xz2 phones someone has report that changing the stock dialer is making this problem goes away but not in my case,i check sensors in diagnostic menu phone says diagnostic is ok,im not using any screen protectors or covers and nothing is covering the sensors,i did full factory reset and having the same problem again,i dont have a warranty on it so any susggestion would be great.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pioneer
Message 6 of 32
Message 6 of 32

Re: Screen goes black while in call

@Igs;

Let me just clarify you that a factory reset is not exactly the same thing as software repair with Xperia Companion because a factory reset simply erases all data and restores settings to factory default with the files existent on the phone, a software repair with Xperia Companion makes a fresh clean installation with a download of the last firmware available for the device.

31 REPLIES 31
Pioneer
Message 2 of 32
Message 2 of 32

@Igs;

I supose you tested the device after factory reset before install any backup or third party apps, if not test the device in safe mode.

After factory reset the only thing you can do software wise is a software repair with Xperia Companion.

Igs
Learner
Message 3 of 32
Message 3 of 32

Okay,how to test device in safe mode? I know all about companion ill try to repair it

Pioneer
Message 4 of 32
Message 4 of 32

@Igs;

Here you have: Safe Mode

Igs
Learner
Message 5 of 32
Message 5 of 32

In safe mode problem remain the same, and software repair with companion is the same thing like clean install factory reset I didn't do it because it's a same thing (I didn't get any result with factory reset)

Before reset and after reset situation is the same. 

Pioneer
Message 6 of 32
Message 6 of 32

@Igs;

Let me just clarify you that a factory reset is not exactly the same thing as software repair with Xperia Companion because a factory reset simply erases all data and restores settings to factory default with the files existent on the phone, a software repair with Xperia Companion makes a fresh clean installation with a download of the last firmware available for the device.

Igs
Learner
Message 7 of 32
Message 7 of 32

Current firmare in the phone and one offer by sony companio is the same one Slightly smiling Face

Pioneer
Message 8 of 32
Message 8 of 32

Yes @Igs, but there is always the possibility (remote) that some files in your phone might be corrupted or missing.

Igs
Learner
Message 9 of 32
Message 9 of 32

Okay,i will give a  shot later,but i read that repair with s.companion problem remail,will report here

Pioneer
Message 10 of 32
Message 10 of 32

@Igs, just to clarify, are you sure the proximity sensor test in diagnostic is resulting ok (turning on when you cover the sensor and off when you uncover it)?