account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Roaming switches

One time poster
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Roaming switches

Hi, hopefully somebody can help me with a minor irritation of my new XZ2. As I regularly travel across the border, I have two Sim cards and switch the preferred data Sim to the local network. This apparently requires a restart, that is annoying, but I can deal with it. However, this also seems to reset the roaming settings back to national only, which is highly irritating. Because next time I cross the border while driving I lose my Internet until I find a safe spot to either switch the data connection or enable roaming (since neither are simple one click settings that I dare to change while driving).

Not that I don't appreciate my phone helping me prevent high charges... But it doesn't know that I actually have a limited amount of free roaming.

2 REPLIES 2
Pioneer
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: Roaming switches

Don't know where you live, but if it is within Europe it doesn't matter.

All countries one rate, your local rate.

That is one of the many things which makes a union a union.

For the benefit of all.

Sorry, just feeling sorry that the British are about to drift away in splendid isolation.

Second one:

Are you so much relying on your phone that you cannot live without it even let's say an hour driving accross a border?

If so you should have a look in the mirror and ask yourself asome questions about dependency, addiction or having chosen a job that requires too much from you.

This is in no way meant to be an insult. Just curiosity and a well meant advice to enjoy life to the fullest.

who knows knows
who doesn't doesn't
Pioneer
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: Roaming switches

Did you check the user guide?

Like this?

Using multiple SIM cards
This function only applies for Dual SIM devices.
Dual SIM devices work with either one or two SIM cards inserted. You can get
incoming communication to both SIM cards and select which number to place
outgoing communication from. Before using multiple SIM cards, you need to
enable them and select a SIM card which will handle data traffic.
You can forward calls that come in on SIM 1 to SIM 2 when SIM 1 is unreachable,
and vice versa. This function is called Dual SIM reachability. You must enable it
manually. See Forwarding calls on page 66.
To enable or disable the use of two SIM cards
1 Find and tap Settings > Network & internet > Dual SIM.
2 Tap the SIM 1 and SIM 2 sliders to enable or disable the SIM cards.
To rename a SIM card
1 Find and tap Settings > Network & internet > Dual SIM.
2 Select a SIM card and enter a new name for it.
3 Tap OK.
To select which SIM card handles data traffic
1 Find and tap Settings > Network & internet > Dual SIM > Cellular data.
2 Select the SIM card you want to use for data traffic.
For higher data speeds, select the SIM card that supports the fastest mobile network, for
example, LTE.

who knows knows
who doesn't doesn't