account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Remove lock screen camera icon

Highlighted
Talent
Message 11 of 20
Message 11 of 20

Re: Remove lock screen camera icon

@scoobyfizz wrote:

How do I remove camera icon on the lock screen it's driving me nuts... 

Very easy 

Turn off this option " Quick lunch " and will be removed in lockscreen 

Screenshot_20180819-003657.png

Adviser
Message 12 of 20
Message 12 of 20

Nope if you look at screen shots from my xz2 compact no option for that. Please see above posts.

Message 13 of 20
Message 13 of 20

@Fizz_daz maybe now it is renamed to launch with camera key. Check the options under there.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Adviser
Message 14 of 20
Message 14 of 20

Nope that is set to off anyway and is to do with the bottom right button on the side. See my screen shots it is off. Other options are launch and capture or launch and are to,with the button only. Perhaps someone who actually owns a xz2 compact could provide an answer rather than random guesses?

Emperor
Message 15 of 20
Message 15 of 20

@Fizz_daz

bro we are just trying to help, after all this is a global user based forum, keep it friendly and constructive, you could contact Sony directly, but I do hope someone with XZ2 figure this out, again, keep it friendly, respectful and courteous.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Message 16 of 20
Message 16 of 20

I double checked on my XZ2 Compact and there's indeed no "quick launch" option, and the "launch with camera button" doesn't disable the lockscreen shortcut.

Message 17 of 20
Message 17 of 20

@scoobyfizz@uliwooly@najodleglejszy@Fizz_daz this has been escalated.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Adviser
Message 18 of 20
Message 18 of 20

Many thanks for confirming and I did originally post this in the xz2 compact forum but it was moved to here as I think is is device specific. So apologies for my frustration but hopefully you can see why I was short with my answer :-(

Sony Xperia Support
Message 19 of 20
Message 19 of 20

Hi @scoobyfizz and @Fizz_daz!

On Xperia XZ2 series devices, it is not possible to turn off Quick launch and that is why you are not able to find the setting and remove the icon from the lock screen.

I'll make sure to forward the feedback regarding this as there are no other settings to remove the icon from the lock screen and I'll move the thread to the Xperia XZ2 Compact board as this is device specific! Slightly smiling Face

I hope that answers the question and explains why you haven't been able to find the setting!

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Enthusiast
Message 20 of 20
Message 20 of 20

I have to laugh as that is where I first posted this question.