account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Phone.rebooting

Enthusiast
Message 1 of 14
Message 1 of 14

Phone.rebooting

I am at my wits end here with this. My xz2 compact sometimes crashes when in use will freeze and then reboot. When left overnight will reboot very frequently and also depleat the battery. I have reset with companion many times and still does the same even when clean installed with no apps other than what the phone comes with and in safe mode. I sent in for repair.it was returned with no fault found. It is nothing but a brick as when. It reboots it also looses sim card so has to be rebooted manually to get it back. Any other suggestions other than binning it? 

13 REPLIES 13
Emperor
Message 2 of 14
Message 2 of 14

Re: Phone.rebooting

@scoobyfizz 

Try this, test the phone without a SIM card, if you don't experience any issues then its a faulty sim card

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Message 3 of 14
Message 3 of 14

Also without SD-card, in case you have installed one.

If you did the software repair and the phone still crashes without any apps installed and without SIM and SD card, then it's obviously a hardware defect and the phone should be repaired or replaced. 

Enthusiast
Message 4 of 14
Message 4 of 14

I had thought this. However the sim and sd card have been functioning in my x compact for the last week perfectly OK. I did also try without sd card but not sim and still the same. I can't understand to be honest

Also if you read above sony sent my phone back with no fault found yesterday.

Emperor
Message 5 of 14
Message 5 of 14

@scoobyfizz 

you are not going to like my reply but, you will have to contact them again, Local support  to get it inspected once more. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Enthusiast
Message 6 of 14
Message 6 of 14

thought as much... the worrying thing as well is that the software repair I have just done also took three attempts to get to work and basically nearly bricked my phone.... There must be something wrong. However I did give a very detailed explanation on the return of the fault but was just returned saying all tests passed no fault found..... AGGGH!

Pioneer
Message 7 of 14
Message 7 of 14

@scoobyfizz 

How is the situation now?

Problem solved or still on AGGH!

It looks like you checked and doublechecked everything.

One thing not mentioned. (though I cannot imagine you did not check)

Battery charged before doing software repair?

who knows knows
who doesn't doesn't
Enthusiast
Message 8 of 14
Message 8 of 14

I got the phone to repair eventually however problem still exists. I have gone back to my x compact whilst I decide whether to ebay the xz2c....

Pioneer
Message 9 of 14
Message 9 of 14

The phone has been repaired and the problem remained?

Not any difference?

Strange!

Explain...

who knows knows
who doesn't doesn't
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 10 of 14
Message 10 of 14

Yep software repair done and no difference. Service centre say no fault...

At a loss. This has only appended since android 9.0. So I think it is os based. I'm basically binning this phone to be honest now and putting it down to a bad experience.