account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Painful, Dangerously Loud Notification Noises During Calls

Learner
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Painful, Dangerously Loud Notification Noises During Calls

When making calls using the XZ2 Compact, any time another app issues a notification, the phone makes a brief, high, painfully, dangerously loud chirping noise. I've searched these forums and the symptoms seem identical to this issue report with the XZ3: XZ3 : notifications while in call is loud and causing hearing damage and this report for the XZ2: notification sound during calls "blasts my ears"

Both threads report that a firmware update is the only expected resolution.

(I also attempted to search through the last couple years of these forums and tried things like making sure NFC is disabled, etc. There was also once a setting called "peeking" that is no longer present that reported similar problems, but I can't find that setting anywhere in the current user interface.)

Can anyone advise on whether a fix is planned for the XZ2 Compact as well? At present, the phone is painful to use, to the point where hearing damage is a concern. It does not seem safe to use the phone in its current state. 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Painful, Dangerously Loud Notification Noises During Calls

The XZ2 Compact receives the same Firmware updates as the XZ2 and XZ3, meaning if it's fixed on these phones it should also be fixed on the XZ2 Compact. I cannot check as I've never encountered the issue since I barely use my phone for calls Grinning Face

Which version is your phone on?

You can check in SETTINGS --> SYSTEM --> ABOUT PHONE --> Build-Number

The latest version would be 52.0.A.3.202

Learner
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Thanks! The phone is on Build number 52.0.A.3.163

When I look at Settings-> System -> Advanced -> Software -> System update, it reports "Your device already has the latest available system updates"

So maybe it's not true that the XZ2 Compact gets the same firmware update? I hope this issue could be resolved with an update.

It's actually scary to use the phone for phone calls, since the chirp noises are quite painful if you hold the phone close to your ear.

Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Don't worry, you'll receive the update.

The update for XZ2 Compact is already rolling out but the it depends on the region and the operator branding when it will be available for you.

If you know your region and operator or the CDA number then I can check with Xperifirm which build number is the latest for you.

Unbenannt.PNG