account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobile World Congress 2019

Sonys Press conference from MWC took place end of February
If you missed it you can watch it here.
Please join the discussion here and share your thoughts on what was anounced here. MWC 2019 discussion.

Media volume extremely low on wired headphones -- no fixes work, unusable

Message 11 of 12
Message 11 of 12

Re: Media volume extremely low on wired headphones -- no fixes work, unusable

have you tried those headphones with another phone? perhaps the DAC in phones isn't able to drive them properly. I'm using Sennheiser HD471g and they get uncomfortably loud in a quiet environment. I don't have a BT headset so I can't comment on volume there.
Apprentice
Message 12 of 12
Message 12 of 12

Re: Media volume extremely low on wired headphones -- no fixes work, unusable

Solved.  Bought a pair of wireless headphones.  I was relieved that they were way louder. Now the wired headphones also have good volume! I didn't change settings at all. Just restarted a couple times.  I doubt it was interfering apps as volume was low on wired headphone even in safe mode and after a repair install.  So hooking up the wireless headphones changed something.  Got me.  Sorry for wasting the band width and the time of responders on this forum.