account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Import calendar entries (from Z3compact to XZ2 Compact)

Enthusiast
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Import calendar entries (from Z3compact to XZ2 Compact)

Hello,

I just bought a new XZ2 Compact. Not being able to use anymore the standard Z3c calendar app from Sony, i am forced now to use Google Calendar. Not the best option, but it seems that i cannot do something as long as old calendar app is discontinued.

On old calendar app i have a lot of entries / reminders. I am using standard backup from phone and i save the calendar both on sd card and online account.

Now, how can I import those entries / reminders saved in phone in Z3c into Google Calendar on my new XZ2c...? Google Calndar imports only iCal or CSV files, and backup calendar of xperia seems to save it on sdcard in a different extension...

3 REPLIES 3
Commissioner
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Import calendar entries (from Z3compact to XZ2 Compact)

KIU-RO,

I don't know if it would help you if you had the Xperia Calender on your new phone or not, but take a look at the solution to this post  about Swiftkey because I was also able to install the Xperia Calender the same way on my xz1c, which came with the Google Calender preinstalled.

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-XZ3/Bring-back-Xperia-keyboard/td-p/1351108

It may not work on the XZ2C, or for you, but good luck if it does.

Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

As far as I know, Sony PC Companion has a backup function. You might be able to transfer your calender entries with this.

Maybe it's possible to move/copy your calendar entries on the Z3 into your google clould account...then you don't need to worry about losing your entries when switching/losing phones anymore.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Xperia Companion helped and not... Slightly smiling Face

I managed to import indeed about 500 calendar entries from my old Z3c, but i imagined that this operation will not double stuff, and will import only custom events created there... Not Slightly smiling Face

Everything what i had in my phone (about 450 birthdays, more than 100 exchange calendar meetings) were imported also in my new XZ2 compact, even if i already setup in google calendar to have visible birthdays and exchange account. So now i have almost everything double, and at the begining at any month i take the time to manually delete everything what was imported from Z3c and keep only those reminders, i mean those really custom entries in calendar.

Xperia Calendar was not at all an option, isee the app in Google Play, but i cannot install it fresh on my XZ2c