account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

H8324 XZ2 Compact Dual SIM slot 1 not working after update to 52.0.A.8.50

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

H8324 XZ2 Compact Dual SIM slot 1 not working after update to 52.0.A.8.50

Dear all,

I received today in the morning an over-the-air Update for my XZ2 Compact to Version 52.0.A.8.50.

I installed it and when I used the device again in the afternoon, the SIM card in slot 1 couldn't be detected anymore.

I thought may be damaged SIM card - for whatever reasons. To verify that assumption I exchanged the position of the SIM cards. Now SIM card slot 2 was the only one working - hence my initial theory of damaged SIM card is wrong.

-> SIM slot 1 is just not working properly anymore after the update.

Please, advice.

Best Regards

Chris

2 REPLIES 2
One time poster
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: H8324 XZ2 Compact Dual SIM slot 1 not working after update to 52.0.A.8.50

Got the same problem today with an XZ2 Premium, sim card slot 1 stopped working, tried rebooting and cleaning but no thing changed. Switched the sim card to slot 2 and it was recognized.

I got the same fw. It worked for a while until it happened. 

One time poster
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: H8324 XZ2 Compact Dual SIM slot 1 not working after update to 52.0.A.8.50

My Xperia XZ2 Compact Dual SIM has also issues with the SIM Slot, after the last 2 updates. My current build number is 52.0.A.8.83. I only have one SIM Card inserted in slot 1. The slot is basically working, but sporadically the SIM card is not detected anymore. A restart fixes this this for a while, but after a couple of hours it happens again. Now i have changed the SIM card to slot 2. I will see if this issues will also happen with slot 2. Unfortunately I can't use my SD card now, because slot 2 is also the SD card slot.