account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Green Artifacts (halo?) on pictures!

Regular
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Green Artifacts (halo?) on pictures!

Hm. The XZ-series should have good cameras, it says. Im not sure about that, ecpecially not the sensors. I took som pics the other day, and some of they turned up green! The sun was way up (not close to the horizon). 

Ive got two photos for you: one of a propeller and the other one of a sports cars (took a lot of pics on the last one, but this one was in the best angle. To bad it turned out green, which I did not notice at scene). 

Should it look like this? =( Taken with my XZ-2 Compact. Latest firmware etc.

DSC_0328.jpgPropellerDSC_0332.jpgMcLaren

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Green Artifacts (halo?) on pictures!

These are lens flares that occur due to sunlight refraction into the lens. It's normal for all cameras.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lens_flare

You can avoid these by avoiding or blocking direct light from the side of the phone with your hand (outside of the camera view, of course).

Regular
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Hello. 

Yes, I know -but not any (!) of the mobile phones I've used have had this bad issues with straylight. 

One time poster
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Hello, I`ve had the same issue with this model. I was on a trek trip and a lot of my pictures got ruined.

Then I switched to my work phone Iphone 6S and those flares were gone for good, although camera was not as good as on Sony. (and I`m not an iphone fan believe me lol)