account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobile World Congress 2019

Sonys Press conference from MWC took place end of February
If you missed it you can watch it here.
Please join the discussion here and share your thoughts on what was anounced here. MWC 2019 discussion.

GSM disconnects randomly

Adviser
Message 1 of 14
Message 1 of 14

GSM disconnects randomly

This seems to happen when I'm travelling, so I guess it may have something to do with switching towers.

A lot of people are having the same problem on XDA.

Edit

Removed log link due to personal info.

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
Message 2 of 14

Re: GSM disconnects randomly

Hi, 

I'll forward this log link for you, but I've removed the public link to your log as logs contain possible personal information.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Message 3 of 14
Message 3 of 14

Hi @mirh

Can you please also pm me some links to the threads on XDA as this will help build a better picture of the issue.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Regular
Message 4 of 14
Message 4 of 14

I'm also experiencing this issue, but I get random disconnects and/or changes of carrier even when standing still. Here are some thing I also noticed and I hope we can get a fix soon:

- when I connect through national roaming I get a notification that it is disabled even though it's not and it disappears immediately.

- Sometimes when I'm connected to LTE+ I don't have any mobile data for short periods of time, but I think this issue is not related.

I live in poland and I'm using a virtual carrier called "mobile vikings" that uses the infrastructure of P4(commonly known as "Play") and allows roaming to t-mobile and "PLUS" but only on max H+ speeds. I tested my SIM on my previous phone - Xperia M5, and it's working just fine. I hope because it's happening to other ppl that it's a software issue that can be fixed in next updates. Also can anyone tell me how to provide a log, I'm more than willing help in identifying the issue.

Ok, I got it. I see that it contains personal info sooooo, if any mods/admins want to see it PM me.

Message 5 of 14
Message 5 of 14

I can confirm, that the phone has some connectivity issues.

In my case, in non-ideal network conditions both me and the other side of conversation experience drops in conversation, distorted sound and so on. Sometimes the call is droped prematurely

Model H8324

845-sdm845.gen.prodQ-00076-10

Firmware build 51.1.A.4.73

Regular
Message 6 of 14
Message 6 of 14

Bumping the thread, hope for a response. I've talked with my carrier and Sony and neither of them gives a solution. Unfortunately it seems to be a phone related problem since I tested my SIM card with 2 other Sony phones I had on hand (Xperia M and Xperia M5) and it works just fine. I'm still willing to provide my log, just let me so Sony can acknowledge it or at least tell us our phones are defective.

Apprentice
Message 7 of 14
Message 7 of 14

Same issue here. When I have no gsm connectivity and search for available networks, all my home networks (Telenor HU - 2g,3g,lte) show up as "Emergency calls only"

I'm on 51.1.A.4.173.

Screenshot_20180601-225306.jpg

Learner
Message 8 of 14
Message 8 of 14

I'm from Hungary, and my carrier is Telekom. I'm having the same issue. In buildings or travelling my phone calls randomly disconnect and I can't make calls for few minutes. My signal indicator showing that I have signal.

One time poster
Message 9 of 14
Message 9 of 14

I'm having exactly the same issue as you described below.

Apprentice
Message 10 of 14
Message 10 of 14

Did any of you find a solution for this one? I'm afraid I'll have to visit service center, but I'm curios whether they can fix it, especially without showing them the issue....