account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

GSM disconnects randomly

Learner
Message 11 of 14
Message 11 of 14

Re: GSM disconnects randomly

I've viseted the offical Sony service partner in Hungary.

They told me my phone works perfectly, and there is no issue...

But the problem is still exists.

Apprentice
Message 12 of 14
Message 12 of 14

That's why I'm afraid visiting them. It's hard to reproduce this issue, and I'm quite sure it can't be fixed by a software upgrade - at least moving to Pie (and doing the latest update also) did not fix this one.

One time poster
Message 13 of 14
Message 13 of 14

Hi,

My father is also having problems with his Compact XZ2 here in Norway, he is using carrier called Ice. When at his office, the phone is dropping calls randomly even there is signal shown. Tried using same sim in other phone(old samsung) and it works. Have anyone got any help with this issue, is it something that can be resolved?

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 14 of 14
Message 14 of 14

Selecting the correct APN (Access Point Name) fixed this problem for me.

I am using XZ2C in India with Vodafone as the mobile carrier.

APN was incorrectly selected as portalnmms (Vodafone live) instead of www (Vodafonemobileconnect).
Hope this helps someone in the same boat.