account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

GIF animation not working xz2 Compact

Visitor
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

GIF animation not working xz2 Compact

I see a few threads on thus, but no solution yet. I love my new xz2 compact phone so far and was thrilled to finally be able to send and receive animated gifs via text, like my iPhone people, until I found out that the ones I send work but not the ones I receive. Has anyone found a decent workarou d on this? 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: GIF animation not working xz2 Compact

@Pcb1GIFs are usually too large to be sent via MMS. iPhone users can work around that by using iMessage, which works between two Apple devices as an instant messenger using Internet connection instead of the limited MMS protocol. if you want to send larger files, try any of the instant messenger apps like Signal or Whatsapp, just keep in mind that the person you want to message with those needs to use the same app.