account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Face Unlock Problem

One time poster
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Face Unlock Problem

Hello,

I have a problem with Android Face Unlock funcionality. Face recognition is only working sometimes. When I turn on my display, recognition is starting. But in many case it is immediately replaced with a finger print icon or PIN icon and I have to use these methods. But sometimes Face Unlock is working well. I am not sure what causes it.

I tried reset my Face Unlock settings (restart device and again set it), I tried remove finger print method, but not success.

I have Andoid 9 OS.

Thanks for some idea.

4 REPLIES 4
Learner
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Face Unlock Problem

I'm having the same issue, anyone have a solution?

Highlighted
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

@Booyahjoe@wellbloudin Smart Lock > Trusted face menu, there's an option called "Improve face-matching". have you tried using it? Smart Lock's face recognition relies solely on a taken photo, so if lighting conditions change, you're wearing glasses while training face recognition without them etc., it'll have difficulty matching the face. training face recognition in different conditions should help with that.

Learner
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

The issue is the smart Lock sometimes does not even show up on the lock screen, and I'll just have the option for the fingerprint unlock. When it does show up I don't have an issue  however. 

Learner
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Same on my xz2 premium....It works just after a while after setting It up the It stops and the face icon appears just for an eyeblink before fingerprint icon appears