account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Doesn't find Bluetooth speaker after update to Pie

Highlighted
Learner
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Doesn't find Bluetooth speaker after update to Pie

Since the update to Android Pie, my phone doesn't show my Bluetooth speaker (Bose Soundlink Mini II) anymore. Other devices that are in the area are shown. I made sure the pairing settings in the speaker were correct, and the speaker works with my wife's phone and my computer.

I activated the Developer Options and tried the other AVRCP versions, always restarting my phone, to no avail. (I also activated "Show Bluetooth devices without names".)

Does anyone happen to have a fix for this?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Doesn't find Bluetooth speaker after update to Pie

@Barly have you tried resetting the speaker?

Learner
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Yes, and updated the firmware, didn't make a difference, unfortunately.

Learner
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Forgot: the Bluetooth test on the phone succeeded, and it connects well with my computer, for example.