account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Display brightness with Android PIE

SOLVED
Regular
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Display brightness with Android PIE

I have updated my phone from OREO to PIE, but after update i found a issue/bug on display brightness.

Ussually i will not use the adaptive display brightness (sometime too bright for me), so i am manual adjust the brightness. I am using the Google Assistant to adjust the brightness, but after that i found it start not accurate after i update to PIE.

When i say "brightness 15%" in Google Assistant, but after i check in settings->display, it show is 30%, i have try few time with various brightness, it is only accurate when 0% or 100%, very annoying. Now i want the brightness with 10% but i need talk to Google Assitant with "brightness 4%".

Initialy i thought is the problem of Google Assitant, so i dowload some apps like "E-Robot" which can create a commant to manipulate many things, brightness is one of it's function. Then the "E-Robot" give me the same result. (I create a command with adjust brightness to 15%, then i run it, but at the end, it show me is 30% in settings->display).

Anybody have face the same problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: Display brightness with Android PIE

it's probably got something to do with the new way Android Pie handles the brightness slider: https://www.androidpolice.com/2018/06/07/improved-logarithmic-brightness-slider-introduced-android-p...

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

it's probably got something to do with the new way Android Pie handles the brightness slider: https://www.androidpolice.com/2018/06/07/improved-logarithmic-brightness-slider-introduced-android-p...

Highlighted
Regular
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Thanks, at least i get a reason why weird behavior of my display brightness, NOT intelligence at all for me Thinking Face.