account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Changelog for software updates

Message 1 of 1
Message 1 of 1

Changelog for software updates

Where can I find the release notes / change log for updates? The message tells you to update for the best experience and that it is not possible to go back after an update. Other than that, no useful information. It is important to know what is new and fixed in order to make an informed decision to install the update.

It now seems certain to me that the camera issue I had previously was caused by a system software update. 

The camera stopped working after a system update. But I was not sure at that time if I had used the camera after the update or not. After the failure, I tried all steps mentioned by the support, including a full system restore. This took time and effort with no success. Then after about two weeks, right before I was about to hand in my phone for service, there was a new system update. I checked the camera before updating - it still did not work, and right after the update was complete - now the camera worked (system software Android 9, build 52.0.A.8.14). I have not received any information about the issue from Sony. You should inform users about this, and compensate for the trouble and being without a camera for two weeks. The camera is the most used feature on my phone so I am very disappointed...

Now there is a new update. Do I dare install it? Does it provide a new feature I would want to try? Is it an important bug fix? Or something I don't need to bother installing?