account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Can't get a 4G connection

Rookie
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Can't get a 4G connection

J'habite à Paris, je n'ai jamais eu de problème de connexion avec la 4G, depuis que j'ai ce sony Xperia XZ2 Compact c'est une catastrophe  la plupart du temps je suis en H+ ou E et même quand je change ma sim avec celle d'autres opérateurs  

Donc ça ne vient pas de mes différentes carted sim car elles sont de différents opérateurs. Et, je tiens à préciser que lorsque que je ne capte pas la 4G ( c'est à dire presque tout le temps) tous les gens autour de moi captent la 4G.

Donc ça vient bien du téléphone !!! Que faire ?

Si vous avez des solutions  merci d'avance 

I live in Paris, I have never had a connection problem with 4G, since I have this sony Xperia XZ2 Compact is a disaster most of the time I am H + or E and even when I change my sim with that of other operators

So it does not come from my different carted sim because they are different operators. And, I want to point out that when I do not pick up 4G (almost all the time) all the people around me pick up 4G.

So it comes from the phone! What to do ?

If you have solutions thanks in advance

-GT
4 REPLIES 4
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Can't get a 4G connection

Hi @Moi94, I am sorry to hear about this.

First of all i suggest that you check whether 4G is activated or not. In order to do this, Find and tap Settings > Network and internet > Mobile networks > Advanced > Preferred network type > Select "4G (preferred)/3G/GSM".

Are you able to search for a 4G network in the phone settings? In order to manually search for available mobile networks in the device, please follow the steps below.

1. Find and tap Settings > Network & Internet > Mobile network > Advanced.
  2. Tap the on-off switch beside Automatically select network to the right.
  3. Select an available 4G/LTE network in the list that appears.

Try these measures and let me know how it goes!

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Bonjour et merci pour votre réponse rapide. 

Tout est OK pour capter la 4G, je la capte souvent mais très faiblement et je suis beaucoup plus souvent en H+ ou E. Mon téléphone capte la 4G mais très peu et passe la plupart des temps en H+ ou E. 

J'ai changé de sim car je pensais que c'était peut être ma sim mais ça fait la même chose avec d'autres sims du même opérateur et d'autres opérateurs. 

Je suis la plupart du temps avec d'autres personnes qui captent complètement leur 4G mais pas moi au même endroit qu'eux. 

Je précise que j'habite en centre ville à Paris, et ça me fait la même chose à Paris, ou dans d'autres villes. 

Que faire d'autres svp ? 

Hello and thank you for your quick reply.

Everything is OK to capture the 4G, I capture it often but very weakly and I am much more often in H + or E. My phone picks 4G but very little and spends most of the time in H + or E.

I changed sim because I thought it might be my sim but it's the same with other sims of the same operator and other operators.

I am mostly with other people who completely capture their 4G but not me in the same place as them.

I specify that I live in downtown Paris, and it makes me the same thing in Paris, or in other cities.

What else do you need to do? - GT

Pioneer
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Hi there,

I saw your message this morning when I was in a building.

A few minutes later I walked outside.

The pictures show the difference.

Another thing you might try is this:

Goto settings and search for reset or go system, advanced, reset options

Then choose reset network settings

Your phone will after that automatically download the mobile network settings again.

Maybe that helps.

sketch-1554463300912.png

Screenshot_20190405-101914.png

who knows knows
who doesn't doesn't
Sony Xperia Support
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Hi @Moi94 and thank you for your quick reply! Please keep in mind that this is an international forum, so to avoid misinterpretations, please respond in English or use Google Translate. 

As @Strampke said you could try resetting the network settings and try downloading the mobile network settings automatically again in order to see if the 4G availability improves.

If none of these measures manages to improve the 4G availability in your phone I suggest that you try to repair the software in your phone using Xperia Companion and a computer. Keep in mind that a software repair will erase all user data, so make sure to do a backup before the repair to avoid any data loss.

If the software repair doesn't help, contact your local support team in order to have the phone sent in to an authorized service center. If you have any questions regarding the service, such as routines, warranty and consumer laws, these type of questions are best answered by your local support team as well, as they vary between markets.

Let me know how it goes! 

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.