account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Can not transfer data from my old XZ1 to XZ2

Apprentice
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Can not transfer data from my old XZ1 to XZ2

I use the Xperia Companion and try to move all data from my old XZ1 to a new XZ2, I have moved most data OK but the "Messages" doesn´t transfer. Only 7-8 messages out of some hundred has moved over.

I now try several times to again make a transfer but, hooking up both Phones to computer and it starts OK but after a while it says transfer failure contact support.

What is the problem and how can I solve it?

please help

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Visitor
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Can not transfer data from my old XZ1 to XZ2

I am having the same problem using the Xperia Companion app for PC between a Xperia Z5 Compact and a Xperia XZ2 Compact. Messages from 2016 and older transfer, but nothing recent. I tried using phone to phone transfer and using a backup with the same results. Everything else transfered fine.

Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

@Steve310have you tried using Xperia Transfer app instead of Xperia Companion to move the messages?

Pioneer
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

@Steve310 

If everything else is transferred I suggest you to use a 3rd party app from PlayStore to make a backup and restore it on your new device.

who knows knows
who doesn't doesn't
Visitor
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Thanks for the responses, @najodleglejszy and @Strampke. I had success using AT&T Mobile Transfer. I did not try Xperia Transfer Mobile.