account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

All my XZ2 Compact Problems (it's many)

Regular
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

All my XZ2 Compact Problems (it's many)

Here we go. Tell me if you recognize any of the problems, please.

1. Battery discharing fast. Worth to notice is that in the morning, when I unplug the power - the battery percentage drops a few percent just the first half an hour, almost directly or when doing "light stuff" with the phone. 

2. The peformance of the phones feels from time to time very, very low: Menu lags, scrolling lags et.

3. The phone becomes very hot occationaly, even though its no heavy apps running at allt (like something its going on in the background).

4. The sound seem to bug from time to time. I first noticed this when using Sony Audio recorder. The recorded sound had some disturbance, static. After safe boot this dissapeared. But from time to time, I stil hear some weird static noice, very shortly - bit still...

5. The screen seem to (quite often) miss when i swipe or toutches the phone. Sometimes I have to try as many as 5 times before the phone seem to react. (no gloves etc).

6. The camera seem to be unresponsive. Sometimes when I turn it on, it only shows "what it sees" but now GUI at all, no buttons, not sliders etc. Also, sometimes it wont take a phone when I press on the screen (the physical buttons seems fine though). Could have to do with nr 5 above.

7. The front cameras does not to be in sync witt the flash (white screen-light). Images gets dark.

I have tried both Fail Safe Mode, and I have also factory resetted the phone. The problems remains.

Im not sure what more I can do. Im not even sure if the drainage is normal, or if it has something to do with the other problems. What I DO know is that Andoid 9 / Pie seem to got autoinstalled while I set up the phone the first time. Could these problem have to do with latest android?

There are some settings, from the suggestions you gave me, that I can't find in Android 9. Wifi-scanning is one of them. It turned on  when I choosed that I wanted my wifi to turn on when I got back home. ("...Then you need to activate wifi-scanning...something...something..."). But there is only a way to turn of the feature to start up wifi, not to shut down wifi-scanning. Is this gone in 9 / Pie?

How about the other settings, are they applayable to 9 / pie?

Do you have any more suggestions for me? Whats up with my phone? Slightly frowning Face

Im thinking of using Xperia Companion software to repair the phone, but Im asking myself it that really will help. I think this might be some issue with the phone, physically (electronics) - or that something messed things up when Android 9 / Pie was released. I never got to try the phone without, it was downloaded and installed in the background when I got and fired up the phone.

The phones has been like this since I got it about weeks ago. The store told me I needed to be sent in for a repair. I was hoping for it was going to get a new device. 

7 REPLIES 7
Learner
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Re: All my XZ2 Compact Problems (it's many)

you are not alone, we have exactly the same issues. All we have to do is wait for some system update.

Learner
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

Hi, maybe you need to do a factory reset after the Pie update because of the mix on settings after the update. Anyway I downgraded to Oreo because I have WIFI unstability specially on AC (5GHz), the support team by e-mail told me to repair the phone by Sony Companion or factory reset but I have done both many times and doesn't solves the connectivity problem, they ask me to sent it to a repair center but I think it's software because I don't have any connectivity problem on Oreo... 

Visitor
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

Have it replaced! Mine Works perfect!

Rookie
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

That's a faulty piece. Replace it. We have not experienced any of the issues you mentioned above and XZ2C is our daily driver.

Adviser
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

Well, I've been experiencing from time to time only this one, mainly in the situations when the phone rings and I am trying to answer the call. As for the rest, I'd not say I've seen them at all. Yes, it can become hot when there is a Camera.app in the foreground, but I cannot recall any other situations with the power-modest apps, like the stock ones. I have an impression it might be games, no? Which apps make your phone hot?

@Nifo wrote:  

5. The screen seem to (quite often) miss when i swipe or toutches the phone. Sometimes I have to try as many as 5 times before the phone seem to react. (no gloves etc).

Enthusiast
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

I can't believe this screen touch responsiveness is still an issue, I ended up swapping my XZ2 compact for regular XZ2

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

How about the menu bar at the top always pulling down on its own when trying to type and having to restart the phone every time as it won't stop or when you select WiFi and you get Bluetooth and glove mode on with your tourch. I used to love this phone but now I hate it decided my next phone will not be a SONY and I have been loyal to SONY FOR many many years.