account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

A few minor issues

Learner
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

A few minor issues

Hello, I'm new in the forum, my name is Farid.

I have the XZ2 Compact from two months ago, it's a great phone but I have a little struggle with its behavior in a few situations:

- My selected clock for the lock screen is the "digital clock", and it works for a while, but then it changes automatically to the "sony clock" (that one with the hour above and minutes below). I also tried selecting "sony clock- loops", but I have the same problem.

- I registered two fingerprints (my index finger of both hands), but after this process, the phone only recognizes one (the last created fingerprint), and don't know why.

Last thing, about the keyboard... I love the compact size of this phone, but I have to correct my typing many times when using Gboard. I understand that I have to be careful with those little keys, but it really seems that Gboard is a bit inaccurate here, because I also tried using Hacker's Keyboard, and it feels more precise, maybe because of the separation between keys or something else. I would like to continue using Gboard, so I just ask if some of you did some trick to improve Gboard's accuracy?

Thanks in advance! Slightly smiling Face

6 REPLIES 6
Pioneer
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: A few minor issues

Hi @Austrinus 

I cannot give you an answer on your first questions, but here is a link for the Google keyboard.

BTW

Did you try to erase all data from fingerprint sensor and start all over again?

Settings, apps & noticications, 3 dots, show system, scroll to FingerprintExtensionService, storage, clear cache & clear data

who knows knows
who doesn't doesn't
Adviser
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

@Austrinus wrote:

- I registered two fingerprints (my index finger of both hands), but after this process, the phone only recognizes one (the last created fingerprint), and don't know why.

On the fingerprint registration screen, does it still show two fingerprints?  I, also, have both index fingers registered and they both work.

Pioneer
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

I have registered both fingerprints twice (2 fingers, 4 registrations), just to create a better chance fo recognition.

who knows knows
who doesn't doesn't
Adviser
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

Indeed a mystery.  When I first attempted registering fingerprints, I did not "change position" enough between attempts.  In subsequent attempts, I deliberately place my finger in different orientations each time, sometimes near the tip, sometimes more toward one side, sometimes nearly straight up, and sometimes from the side.

Since registering fingerprints is fairly quick and not difficult, I would "start over".  Begin with the finger that did not work and see if it will this time before trying the finger that worked before.

I just LOVE how responsive the Sony fingerprint reader is compared to my previous phone.

Highlighted
Learner
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

Dear all,

Thank you for your replies! Nice to know about that method to clear cache of the fingerprints. So, I just started over and now the phone recognizes my two registered fingerprints (index finger of each hand).

I also started over the lock screen clock ("digital clock"), it is displaying correctly so far, hopefully the default "Sony clock" won't appear again. Slightly smiling Face

Learner
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

Hi,

I just want to mention that a couple of days ago, I got the same problem with my lock screen's clock display. It started to show the "Sony clock" instead of "digital clock" Slightly frowning Face.

Not a big deal, but still annoying because I can't find the reason. It wasn't after a reboot. I noticed it after a few automatic app updates from the Play Store, but seems unlikely that both events are related. I hope to find a fix, or just wait for a Xperia software update...