account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

sound equalizer and improvements

SOLVED
Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

sound equalizer and improvements

Hello,  I'd like to know if the DSEE HX system always turns OFF when I activate the equalizer.

I am using headphone Jack out and/or external  (wired) speakers,  and there seems to be no change...

I think it was different with the Z3 Compact.

Anyone noticed?!

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Talent
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Re: sound equalizer and improvements

You must decide if you want to use the EQ or DSEE HX. If it's turned on your EQ settings doesn't matter.

4 REPLIES 4
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Dsee HX works if your music files are not yet Hires. if you have Flac or lossless music files. it might not give a obvious change.

better to use the equalizer or clear audio plus when not using wired headphones

________________________________________________________________________________
The Man! The Myth! The Forum Legend! -Scott Sterling
Apprentice
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Tested both Hi Res and MP3,  and some others, from Music App and also others (Amazon Music,  YouTube, etc),  and no difference.

Using the old Z3 Compact it does make a big difference!  The DSEE HX does not turn off equalizer.

Thanks.

Talent
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

You must decide if you want to use the EQ or DSEE HX. If it's turned on your EQ settings doesn't matter.

Apprentice
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Although answers explain the solution,  which I accept, I still think there should, or may be, is a way to have "the Best of Both Worlds"... DSEE HX and Equalizer.

I still think the Sony Xperia ™ Z3 Compact was an excellent phone with superb design. The speakers of the unit were also very well balanced.

SONY sound at it best!