account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Youtube HDR bug

Apprentice
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Youtube HDR bug

Hi,

When ever I play a Youtube HDR video in full-screen the adaptive britness goes crazy, the video just goes from bright to dark or flickers.

This only happens on youtube while playing HDR content, I tested while playing a 4k HDR in the Video app and it works just fine, nothing crazy going on.

Can anyone confirm this? Or anyone has any clue if it's a Youtube app bug or Sony bug..

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Pioneer
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Youtube HDR bug

Hi @Lazarica;

I can confirm that this happens sometimes on YouTube, specially on dark environments (when Adaptive Brightness is set to minimum), as the HDR content is supposed to set the brightness to maximum. 

Regular
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

I can confirm this as well. I use my phone in a very dark room and the brightness goes crazy. Aside from that I checked YouTube's "stats for nerds" while playing a HDR video and it drops a ridiculous amount of frames, about 40%. Not sure whose fault is it but since you say you have no issues playing videos from your album then I'd say it's most likely YouTube's fault. 

Inhabitant
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

i dont even think sony xz1 is hdr capable. testing it against the Sony X the XZ1 Hdr is not even as good as sony x which baffles me.